Thread: Good News

Default Good News

Last week I asked a question on finding a Air Cargo shipper to fly in some gear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homerdave posted:

"i heard they all have an agreement with the locals to keep other folks out.
    gosh, too bad.:-( "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

This created negative posts directed against a rural resident family.

After several phone calls to Air Cargo shippers in the Fairbanks area.
    I am very happy to report, NO SUCH AGREEMENT EXISTS.

The rural resident family did nothing to deserve what was said about them.

I have no doubt if the truth was know early that nothing would have been said. They were only reponding to dave post.

I feel with all the negativity going around on the Hunting Form, I have a responsibility to the family to let you know the truth.

Tom

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

That is good news.

Does that mean I won't be getting my own section of river with exclusive hunting rights? I actually have to share the country with any other legal user?
    Homerdave, is there anything you can do about this?

Default these things do happen

I visited with the federal game officer in King Salmon a few years ago about floating down the Kejulik river (not sure of the spelling as I have no map infront of me ) .. He told me that the Registered guide in that area discourages anyone but himself on the river. He puts up fake camps, along the river to disuade those that fly over. and if you do come in, he buzzes you with his jet boat.
    It was all true. but I never had words with the man, and my trip went off without a hitch. I left him a note in one of his fake tents that I appreciated him setting it up for us to use.
    LOL...

Cool Kejulik River

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskacanoe
    I visited with the federal game officer in King Salmon a few years ago about floating down the Kejulik river (not sure of the spelling as I have no map infront of me ) .. He told me that the Registered guide in that area discourages anyone but himself on the river. He puts up fake camps, along the river to disuade those that fly over. and if you do come in, he buzzes you with his jet boat.
    It was all true. but I never had words with the man, and my trip went off without a hitch. I left him a note in one of his fake tents that I appreciated him setting it up for us to use.
    LOL...
    Hmmm... Betcha I get a phone call. I did a writeup on the Kejulik. Hey, I know! Maybe I can get some more info on it from him, you think?

:-))

I have little patience for things like this.

-Mike
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 05-11-2006 at 08:26.
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

And the officer let him get away with that stuff? I know maybe the fake camps he can't do anything about but the buzzing with the jetboat is harrassement.

Thumbs up Oh, I'm sure there is, MT...

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper
    ...Homerdave, is there anything you can do about this?
    MT,

Why dontcha drop him a PM? I'll bet there are all sorts of things he can do about "this".

:-O

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Default new guide law

looks like under the new guide law changes that will go into effect on Jan 1 '07 .... it will be illeagle to set up an unoccupied camp, or a camp to discourage other hunters, type stuff.

Thumbs up Did those proposals pass?

Quote Originally Posted by muskeg
    looks like under the new guide law changes that will go into effect on Jan 1 '07 .... it will be illeagle to set up an unoccupied camp, or a camp to discourage other hunters, type stuff.
    Hey Johnnie,

I saw that in the proposals, but haven't been looking in a while. Did that pass?

-Mike

Default Kejulik has many bears

That was a very tense trip due to the amount of Bears along the river. I was after moose, and so once we got a moose in the boat, we ended up fighting a couple of bears the first night. There is not a tree over 10 ft tall so hanging meat out of range is impossible. We were up all night, so at first light we loaded the raft and headed for the barn.