Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How’s everyones bait activity this year?

No worries jerod, I was mostly asking if it was northern half the state. Heard better activity reports from farther north in the state and southern half I haven’t heard many good reports. Trying to paint a picture.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    No, you're right. When I say more open, I don't mean like out in a big opening like a meadow or swamp etc. I just mean not in a big log jam or in bunch of debris that would make them feel trapped or like they are walking into a trap. Again, take it for what it's worth, but that is my opinion.
    I would agree. I placed it down in that hole based off the recommendation that they don't want to be out in the open. I was planning on moving it about 200 yards up the hill to an area that's more open. Grassy with sparse white birch and spruce instead of thick spruce, downfall, and moss. It will get more wind up there as well to spread the scent out. I've had three different bears stop by that don't want to hang around so it's time to switch it up. Thanks for the input. I marked it up as a learning year for baiting before I even started so it's been fun.

A friend of mine just scored two brownies on the big Su.

did pretty well

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Bait activity was late, and then mostly hungry brown bears, which I am not allowed to harvest. I had one timid black bear show up in a few frames.
    So now I have a week left and a totally crushed steel barrel, but I hung a smaller plastic drum up in a tree for black bear only access, and we will see. Last day for me to hunt, I think, then I have to pull out all my stuff. There is always next year, and bears on the slopes later this summer.

First for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Couple kids checking out each other! Way cool pic! I got a pic of a guy “checking my baits” for me.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

WGI_0038.jpgBefore
    WGI_0045.jpgAfter

Didn't get hit in 13 for a few weeks but then had at least 3 different griz on the bait in a week. I shot one and they haven't been back since so I pulled the bait yesterday.

Been getting hit pretty hard in the last week in 16 by grizz and a few blacks. Going to hunt it hard for grizz until it closes on the the 30th. Than keep it active into July, maybe longer for black bear(bait season open til October in 16)

im baiting 16a. took me three years of baiting before i took my first bear and it wasnt at a bait. ive had them clean my sites out in the past but this year, they havent even cleaned out a barrel. ive had some luck though. congrats to those making good on those opportunities.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123