Thread: PWS silvers

Default PWS silvers

So I've got a delima... I took my son (6yoa) to Seward for some Silvers. We headed out but the rollers were too much for him... Poor kid could'nt even last a half hour. I called it off two days in a row...

Anyway... Anyone catching Silvers in PWS. Care to share?

Thumbs up PWS Silvers

Got back from 5 days in the South Culross Passage cabin. Snagged a few reds in Main Bay, But the real fun was the Silvers. Trolling with downriggers across the southern end of Culross Passage, mostly on the Applegate side. Using 1 oz silver crocodile running at 15 to 25 feet deep. They were hammering them last week. Always love it when we don't have to use herring!
    Also caught 2 feeder kings while running same crocodile at 45 feet deep. They are always a big suprise!
    If your boy is getting seasick-- try having him take ginger root pills before and during the fishing trip. Works for all the seasick prone in my family. Send me a PM if you need any other info on those Silvers---Good luck!

My boys are a bit older and we were giving them Dramamine, unfortunately it put them to sleep so we quite doing that. They haven't gotten sick so I guess I don't have a problem. To add to Gary's comment, the water is typically better out of Whittier and you don't get the rollers. It can get choppy and any water can be unforgiving but in all the times I have been out of Whittier the water is much more comparable to a big lake rather than the ocean. It is key however to check out the water forecast if your still having this dilemma.

Last weekend we limited on Rockbass, picked up a legal Ling and happened into a Silver by accident not far out of Whittier. We also watched salmon jump most of the day, not in large numbers but regular. Things should be picking up I would think.

Default Valdez Silvers

Try Jack and Sawmil bays. I drifted hering in the current and caught a limit. Still slow but it should be picking up. Nice and calm mostly protected water. I took my 65 yo mother and both my dogs. Had a great trip. This was last week. Even got a feeder king.

Steve