Thread: Freezing in Anchorage

Default Freezing in Anchorage

I'm finalizing details for a caribou hunt in the Brooks Range. The unfinished business is getting meat back home.

Last year, on my moose, I used Alaska Meat Express, which was fine, but he can't transport skulls unless they have been cleaned. I used D&C Expediters out of Anchorage on my moose skull last year, but wasn't super impressed, so I'd rather just fly everything home with me if I can.

We're planning on flying out of the Brooks Range on September 1, then I'll fly out of Fairbanks on September 3. It probably doesn't help that it's Labor Day Weekend. What are my options for getting meat frozen (or at least semi-frozen) in that time frame so I can fly it home with me on the plane?

Dangit, the title should be "Freezing in Fairbanks." Doh! I can't figure out how to change it.

I know you can get meat frozen in Tok, but that probably doesn't help you (?).

Call Alaska Airlines in Fairbanks. Check it in early when you roll into Fairbanks. Put it in their freezer at the airport.