Thread: Another Planar Install

Default Another Planar Install

20180528_160214.jpg
    I picked up a 2D heater from Brian at BK Marine in Wasilla the other week. It took me a bit to get it installed as carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand the day before slowed me down a bit. I mounted in up above the cabinets as the install was easier and I have very limited possibilities on intake and exhaust options in my 22' SeaSport. The intake actually runs into the wall and to a spot where air is allowed in from the gunnels outside the cabin. I had a little issue getting the fuel to flow and doubted my readability on the flow of the arrows. Nope, had it right. Finally I just let it run and do its thing and a little while latter I heard her chub a bit and then take off. MAN this thing blows heat. Its going to be a nice addition to the boat since it looks like spring may not get here till fall. Brian was real easy to work with a pleasure to meet. Thank Brian. A+++

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Looks like a top notch install. What controller did you get? Heard there were other options than the digital one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fc8464 View Post
    Looks like a top notch install. What controller did you get? Heard there were other options than the digital one.
    I used the one that came with the unit. There is one connection for a modem so you could possibly use a cell phone or computer to run it. I did not find really good controller instructions in the box but a simple search provided the answers.

I was talking with someone and thought they said you could get a simpler rheostat controller now. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fc8464 View Post
    I was talking with someone and thought they said you could get a simpler rheostat controller now. Could be wrong.
    Yes sir. Bkmail has the simple controllers now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Yes sir. Bkmail has the simple controllers now too.
    So how soon after an upgrade are you allowed to do an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    So how soon after an upgrade are you allowed to do an upgrade.
    Your bank account will let you know!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"
    2018 12' Moto Jet "River Pup"

Mr Dave,
    Pleasure meeting you, and glad to hear your doing great. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. We really try hard to keep you warm and happy.

As for the controller, we have a 3 of them, some with (#1) timer and large led screen allowing the heater to start by setting a timer up to 7 days out. Runs in all modes (ventilation or power)
    Another (#2)very simple one that is a rheostat and single push button to start/stop. By adding a temp sensor cable, it runs it in ventilation mode meaning it turns on/off and has a thermostat. Set the temp and she regulates herself just like your house furnace.
    Lastly, (#3) the standard LED that can operate in either mode also, power or ventilation or thermostat mode.
    All three have self diagnostic codes if an issue happens.

All work and interchange on all our heaters
    Bk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

I emailed a company out of Finland that was selling the top simplified controller around last November and was told it was only compatible with planers manufacturered around 2016 and up. I ordered the planer about a year prior to Bk being a dealer for them but if it will work Id like to get one.