Thread: New Packrafter

Default New Packrafter

Good morning all.

My first packraft has come in the mail and I am excited to get out and use it! Since I am new, I plan to spend this summer going in the easier waters and getting comfortable with my raft. Any recommendations on good floats for beginners? I am willing to hike in or leave a vehicle at one end, I would ultimately like to stop and fish on some of these floats. I am from Wasilla but willing to travel. Thanks in advance.

Portage Creek is an easy after work float only about 1 hour from Anchorage.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbro trout View Post
    Good morning all.

My first packraft has come in the mail and I am excited to get out and use it! Since I am new, I plan to spend this summer going in the easier waters and getting comfortable with my raft. Any recommendations on good floats for beginners? I am willing to hike in or leave a vehicle at one end, I would ultimately like to stop and fish on some of these floats. I am from Wasilla but willing to travel. Thanks in advance.
    Watcha get?

Eagle River from either Mile 7.2 Eagle River Road or hiking in from the day use area above the upper bridge to South Fork are good floats. Be aware of sweepers, but the water is mellow.