Thread: Camper tie down 2017 F-350

Default Camper tie down 2017 F-350

Trying to get ready to put the truck camper on the new 2017 F-350 and my older Happijack tiedown front mount won't fit. There is no space to put the front plate between the bed and the cab. So I emailed HJ and they don't have anything in production yet to tie down a truck camper.

So what is everyone else using? I don't like the frame mounts but that might be the only option.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Happijac and TorkLift are about the only two companies in the tie down game. Stake pocket and belly-bar tie downs are all but gone now.

I've got a frame nount on my 2011 F350. I have run frame mounts on all my trucks for the past 30 years. A big frost heave, Or Turnagain arm winds and you will be thankful for the frame mount.

Running Torklift to the frame on the same truck. Mine slide out of the frame bracket and you can't tell they are there when not in use.

I forgot about this thread. I eventually used Torklift on the front as the only option. On the rear I bought (2) pieces of 2"x2" square steel tubing and hammered them into the trailer hitch about 8", which accepts them nicely. I then dripped and tapped (2) holes in the hitch and put in 3/8" bolts to hold the tubing into the hitch. I then ran welded eye bolts on the ends to run the clamps down too. Works great.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.