Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Mfg 5-6hp short shaft to buy?

Does that new mercury have an external fuel tank hook up or is it just the internal tank. I think im leaning towards a honda

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Swede View Post
    Does that new mercury have an external fuel tank hook up or is it just the internal tank. I think im leaning towards a honda
    It has both. There's a switch on the side that lets you change from the internal tank to the external tank. The Mercury is lighter and was 200.00 cheaper. I had a 1992 2 stroke 15 Hp Mercury. It was a great motor. I had no experiences with the Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by lucescoflathead View Post
    It has both. There's a switch on the side that lets you change from the internal tank to the external tank. The Mercury is lighter and was 200.00 cheaper. I had a 1992 2 stroke 15 Hp Mercury. It was a great motor. I had no experiences with the Honda.
    how heavy is that Merc?

15 inch shaft rope start 55 lbs. dry.

I am liking that mercury more at 55 pounds, external tank hook up and reverse gear. looks like 1550$ buys that motor here add another 160$ for honda. Looks like 59 pounds for weight on the honda

I haven't had mine out yet. I'm shooting for the end of the month. I'll post a report.

Ordered the Honda 5hp. waiting for it to arrive

Keep us posted how it works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Swede View Post
    Ordered the Honda 5hp. waiting for it to arrive

Called the dealer to see why motor had not shipped on friday, he said honda 5 hp short shaft was back ordered till mid june at minimum. So i made a quick decision to have him send the Mercury instead, tracking # say motor by tuesday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12