Thread: 2.5 Suzuki?

Default 2.5 Suzuki?

Hello- Just picked up a 2.5 Suzuki. Curious about others experience with transporting them. I've heard that they are sensitive to how you handle them while in transport as in oil getting into cylinder if you have them in wrong position even for short time. Also to drain the carburetor for storage/transport can you just turn off fuel valve and run until it dies? I'm going to use it on a 17' Grumman sq stern curious what others use them on and performance. I'm not going to be able to try it for another month or so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kandiyohi Kid View Post
    Hello- Just picked up a 2.5 Suzuki. Curious about others experience with transporting them. I've heard that they are sensitive to how you handle them while in transport as in oil getting into cylinder if you have them in wrong position even for short time. Also to drain the carburetor for storage/transport can you just turn off fuel valve and run until it dies? I'm going to use it on a 17' Grumman sq stern curious what others use them on and performance. I'm not going to be able to try it for another month or so.

Thanks
    I found mine to be fairly sensitive to transportation issues. I just made sure I removed my spark plug and let it sit in the transom for about 30 mintues before I fired it up.

I sold the outboard, because it was super slow. I was not impressed with the speed at all (and I knew it wouldn't be a speed demon).