Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpacka Forager

North61 - What are your thoughts on the cargo fly? Do you use it much? Is it a hassle to get things in/out? What type of gear do you store in it? I assume carrying meat would be a big no-no due to lack of air circulation. I like the idea of carrying the load lower and freeing up room on the top of the raft for other cargo (like meat). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by south coast stu View Post
    North61 - What are your thoughts on the cargo fly? Do you use it much? Is it a hassle to get things in/out? What type of gear do you store in it? I assume carrying meat would be a big no-no due to lack of air circulation. I like the idea of carrying the load lower and freeing up room on the top of the raft for other cargo (like meat). Thanks!
    I know you addressed this to North, but I'll throw in my $.02 as well.
    Cargo Fly's are awesome. No, its not for meat storage, but being able to carry everything but your lunch/day gear in the tubes is a game changer for smaller rafts. Not having to have your gear strapped to the boat or flopping around is so much nicer. Obviously, this is less fo a concern in bigger rafts ( I have a Levitator, and it just swallows up any load). And don't worry about durability; in 4 years I've never had an issue with the TZip on a Cargo Fly. Having your gear in the inner dry bags also gives you an extra measure of safety if you happen to get a hole.
    Good luck finding close outs on ANY Alpacka product, short of buying used, I think North should have bought a lottery ticket the day he found the Forager.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Yukoner - Didn't pick up on you having an Alpaka with a cargo fly to. Thank you very much for the great info.

Copy - Don't hold out for a bargain cave deal on an Alpaka, lol.

Thanks Yukoner, I am still awaiting delivery so I can't answer with experience. Reading a lot of forums sold me on the idea though!

Anyone have any experience with the forager yet? I ordered one up but canít find any reviews or intel from you guys yet. Iíd like to know the realistic weight capacity without anyone else...canít wait to see the raft in person.

All depends on how much water you want to draft.
    Honestly, if you had lots of water, a guy could probably get a whole (small) moose out, deboned etc. It would be a pig though, and don't expect shallow water performance.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

It's a great boat. 1/2 a moose and one paddler is about it though. Would take two rafts to moose hunt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12