Thread: Stabilizer Question???

Default Stabilizer Question???

I've been using the same 6" stabilizer on every bow for the last 20 years and I noticed it is starting to have a little rot. I mostly bow hunt, so have like the shorter stabilizer as it's easier to pack. There are so many different ones, brands, and what they are made of. I'm not interested in the big stabilizer used by target bows. I want to keep it short. My questions are: 1.) What material do you prefer it made out of; 2.) What brand do you like; 3.) What length for hunting... Oh yeah, be sure to say why :-) Thanks for your input.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Get a b stinger they come in 4, 6, 8, 10 etc. I run 8 inch bee stinger. Best $60 bucks you will spend.

If you are a spot/stalk hunter and take longish shots, the 8" is the way to go...(10" is too cumbersome when crawling around).....if you are primarily a tree and/or brush hunter going through a lot of brush...the 6" is the way to go....of course, B Stingers are the ones to buy!

The B Stingers are a very good stabilizer and they're light. That one lets you put weight out front of the stabilizer so it can actually stabilize the bow. A lot of people including myself have made the move to either a front bar and a back bar, or side bar bracket with a sliding bar. I run the Easton Contour hunting stabilizers 11" front and 8" rear. These weigh less than 3 ounces each. I prefer the front and back because you can use weights to balance the bow and hold steadier. If you were to choose the front and back bars I would suggest the Easton Contours. PM me if you have any other questions.