Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: judge rescinds nelchina permits...

Default judge rescinds nelchina permits...

glad i don't have a dog in this fight...!!!!
    http://www.adn.com/front/story/9149375p-9065734c.html
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

And so it begins again...

Mark

Great. I just spent $300 on boots, waterproof pants, and a hunting license for my daughter. Now she's SOL.

What a crock of crap.

Freaking cry baby sue happy <deleted>They could have waited till after the hunt BUT no if I cant play nobodey can.They all need a good swift kick in the pants.
    Last edited by Webmaster; 07-21-2007 at 19:30. Reason: language

Is not the Haul Road an almost pure Subsistance hunt? No drawing, more than one tag, take all your trucks, Motor Homes, and other multi-thousand dollar gear and hunt with a Bow. Heck you can even shoot bear, Dall Sheep. If you wait till the right Month. I could say more , but will not. Rant is over.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I sure hope everbody remembers the name Ken Manning and don't forget too thank him.

Perfect! My famiily is just as Alaskan as anyone else, but we are too young(mid 30's) can't claim enough years and too rich with the new system. Ha! No one should hunt until all Alaskans have the same opportunity!!

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I hope everyone remembers the name Ken Manning and don't forget to thank him.

I hope the whole thing is shut down for a year. Nobody is going to starve to death during the horrible winter. I bet the hunting will be even better after that. Might prove a point that is needed in this state.

Cool

I am glad to see that someone challenged it and it was thrown out. It seems as though we all agree that the recent past and current method that was used is unfair to some groups and we all are unable to find the perfect solution because someone will be unhappy.
    However, I believe that it truly was not right to give you a zero score if your income was over the limit.
    I agree with comments made by others earlier that talked about the people from Kasilof or Nikiski driving by all of the grocery stores to get to the caribou hunting grounds. Then there are the others who got permits who were not on the road system at all and would have to purchase an airline ticket just to get to the road system.
    Until the subsistence requirements placed upon the state come to an end there most likely will not be an open draw for the nelchina caribou. Although that may be the type of system least objected to by the most people.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    .....They could have waited till after the hunt......
    What's worse, they had months since the Board created this stupid income priority when they could have sued.

I know why,the judge would not have qualified this year.Poor thing.

"Allowing income levels to supersede other factors, such as how long a person has hunted from the herd, sends the message to young people that “economic success is detrimental to cultural imperatives,” the judge said"

Finally someone has the balls to reel in Fish & Games unrealistic income restriction.
    Tennessee

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I am glad to see that someone challenged it and it was thrown out. It seems as though we all agree that the recent past and current method that was used is unfair to some groups and we all are unable to find the perfect solution because someone will be unhappy.
    However, I believe that it truly was not right to give you a zero score if your income was over the limit.
    Me too.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Who were the four hunters? I wonder if they were seperate lawsuits or they all enjoined into one. It is a blackeye for the BOG and the current philosophy of the Dept of Fish and Game, they need to get the other one hit now, from another direction (while their vision is blurred and dazed) and maybe that will get their attention. Has anyone read the complaint that led to the decision? It is a step in the right direction, but stops way short of where it should have.

I'm just amazed that everybody complained about the new system, but yet when a judge stepped up and reigned in the BOG, now most folks are up in arms. I dont know who confuses me more, the BOG or the hunters. Beyond me.

Allen, when did you move out of bethal?

Default seen it coming

Seen it coming from the last thread on this awhile back.

Knew it was unconstitutional and said so.

Sorry for all the folks who won and had the rug pulled out from under them.

Not gonna be surprised if the state is sued for lost planning expenses in a class action.

The state needs to re-evaluate some of the hiring and promotion testing it does for the decision makers....seem like a gagle of incompetent greenies trying some sort of class disparity realignment projects which they have no power or authority or right to conduct.

jedi

Well, bummer. And good. Sheesh....what a mess this all has become. Selfishly, I'd like this to ride this year and be fixed in the coming year, as my wife and I along with our close friends were planning on heading up on the 12th. That being said, I'd love to see this fixed - but not with just a band-aid as is likely to happen.

At least we have my wife's Delta moose permit to fall back on!

Thumbs down Back to the drawing board - all pun intended

A little over 20 years ago I orginally drew a permit on the open draw system the very same year it was recended and went to the tier system and lost my permit. I applied year after year to no avail. This year with the new guidelines I finally qualified and drew a permit. Now they want to recend it again. Bull......t. Imagine that, here we go again.

I am not going to apologize for making under the alloted amount given as it has been deemed unfair in this particular draw circumstance. In past draw circumstances, there are folks that deemed that it was unfair. We do not know how they will play it in the future. Will we ever see a win win situation? Probably not but I am here to say after 20 odd years I finally drew one. This is truly is the old saying it is the luck of the draw. I know many of my fellow hunters that are in my income bracket and did not draw.

With regard to the income limit I have to say if I made 51,000 + a year I probably would not apply because my ass can afford to hunt elsewhere other than my own backyard. I never had the luxury of hunting when I wanted or where I wanted or even how I wanted. I have to take what is available to me and if by God the ADF&G decided to make it income based you **** spanky I am going to apply for every chance this blue collar, hard working, need to put food on my table hunter can get. Again, my friend the system may change but it is the luck of the draw and somebody will always be left out. The judge made to much. This my story and I'm sticking to it.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    ....Finally someone has the balls to reel in Fish & Games unrealistic income restriction.
    It's not so much that Judge Smith has the balls to do so.

He has the authority to do so.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast