Thread: PR49 Propulsion

A kayak paddle is much cheaper, lighter, and less prone to breakdown. The KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principal allows more time for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    A kayak paddle is much cheaper, lighter, and less prone to breakdown. The KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principal allows more time for hunting.
    Not helpful.
    I am really looking for help with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The motor weighs more than the boat, friend! Packrafts are not designed to use with an outboard. Round boats in general perform very poorly with an outboard anyway, but rigging up a PR49 with a transom and an outboard... you're going to have serious issues with that setup.

Somebody please tell me I didn't just get Rickrolled?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    The motor weighs more than the boat, friend! Packrafts are not designed to use with an outboard. Round boats in general perform very poorly with an outboard anyway, but rigging up a PR49 with a transom and an outboard... you're going to have serious issues with that setup.

Somebody please tell me I didn't just get Rickrolled?

-Mike
    The motor does weigh more than the boat. I weigh 187lbs and can seat myself as far back on the boat as possible. Surely, I can add some pounds hanging off the back.

I paddled this boat several miles in open ocean between islands in the Bahamas and then again in Turks and Caicos.

I suppose nobody jumping on this thread saying they have tried this and failed is good news. I am going to buy lengths of electric conduit or metal pipe and slide into the D-rings to make a frame. I will then hang twenty pounds out there and see what happens I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tchoutacabouffa View Post
    The motor does weigh more than the boat. I weigh 187lbs and can seat myself as far back on the boat as possible. Surely, I can add some pounds hanging off the back.

I paddled this boat several miles in open ocean between islands in the Bahamas and then again in Turks and Caicos.

I suppose nobody jumping on this thread saying they have tried this and failed is good news. I am going to buy lengths of electric conduit or metal pipe and slide into the D-rings to make a frame. I will then hang twenty pounds out there and see what happens I guess.

I guess another option would be two cross brace my frame and run to 3.5hp jets; one on each side.

Not trying to make a race boat.

with 3-D print technology now in Anchorage, anything is possible.

One thing about Alaskans...if you want to see it happen, tell us it isn't doable!
    https://pristineventures.com