Thread: 3D Shoot

Default 3D Shoot

Who's going to the spring bear shoot this weekend at grouse ridge? I'm thinking/probably going.

I thought it was in May?
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    I thought it was in May?
    Nope it's this weekend. The one at Kincaid park is in May

What time is sign in? And thanks!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

What time is sign in? And thanks!
    Off the flyer they have between 0800-1000 as sign up time.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Who's going to the spring bear shoot this weekend at grouse ridge? I'm thinking/probably going.
    Interesting. I wasn't aware they ever held one. So is it 8-10 AM or PM? And what day? Saturday? Is there a cost? Do you have to be a club member or can anyone show? Thanks for the heads up.

April 28th & 29th, 2018
    Registration and begin shooting 8-10 am
    Known yardage 4-101 yards
    35 targets each day, 2 arrows per target

ASAA members $25 for 2 days or $15 for one
    Non-members $40 for 2 days or $25 for one
    Youth $15
    Kids 11 and under Free

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Interesting. I wasn't aware they ever held one. So is it 8-10 AM or PM? And what day? Saturday? Is there a cost? Do you have to be a club member or can anyone show? Thanks for the heads up.
    from my understanding this is the shoot they used to have over by menard sports complex. But they pushed clapp all the thru, so
    they moved it to grouse ridge..

Quote Originally Posted by coyoteman View Post
    April 28th & 29th, 2018
    Registration and begin shooting 8-10 am
    Known yardage 4-101 yards
    35 targets each day, 2 arrows per target

ASAA members $25 for 2 days or $15 for one
    Non-members $40 for 2 days or $25 for one
    Youth $15
    Kids 11 and under Free
    Thanks 4 the info. Sounds a little pricey 4 a family, but maybe we'll check it out. 101 yards? I think I'll take a pass on that target. I shoot traditional. 30 yards is about my limit.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    from my understanding this is the shoot they used to have over by menard sports complex. But they pushed clapp all the thru, so
    they moved it to grouse ridge..
    I thought the 3D competition over at Menards was put on by Sportsman's warehouse, not the ASAA. Thanks 4 the heads up. I'll look into it.

Thanks 4 the info. Sounds a little pricey 4 a family, but maybe we'll check it out. 101 yards? I think I'll take a pass on that target. I shoot traditional. 30 yards is about my limit.
    I was comfortable only to 60 for a long time. They have a Nine foot tall and 4 foot wide Snowman that is basically like a barn door :-) I found it was actually a lot of fun to shoot my compound at this as its been in an area that is hard to loose your arrow in. Hitting the target is a kick. Maybe you might give it a try.

I was comfortable only to 60 for a long time. They have a Nine foot tall and 4 foot wide Snowman that is basically like a barn door :-) I found it was actually a lot of fun to shoot my compound at this as its been in an area that is hard to loose your arrow in. Hitting the target is a kick. Maybe you might give it a try.
    Yeah, when I'm practicing in my back yard, me and my family sometimes take those long 60-80 yards shots on occasion just for fun. But I would never take a shot like that while actually hunting with my recurve. I'm too inconsistent at that range. I've passed the proficiency test with my recurve, and I've shot moose with it out to about 30 yards. But after that I start losing my proficiency.

I'm going to try make it always been meaning to make it to these shoots but my schedule rarely jives. Thanks for heads up and see you all there if I make it. Love flinging arrows at long distances, usually end up losing a few but makes those close shots easy!!

But I would never take a shot like that while actually hunting with my recurve.
    It's about fun, not shooting animals that far, at least to me :-) It's a kick, but I too would never shoot game that far out LOL

Should be a good time as long as it's not raining lol..

Great shoot today little cool for shorts today. Shoot is going on tomorrow make sure your 60,70, 100 yd pins are sighted in. Will be there again tomorrow as well. Come on out and enjoy the shoot.

The 101 yard snowman was a hoot again this year. I shot my first arrow as a ranging shot. Second arrow landed at the 12 o'clock position about an inch into the orange circle. A perfect shot! Way fun.