Thread: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Default Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Anybody out there using this camera? Is it worth that kinda money? Any suggestions on something comparable in a lower price range?

Iím retiring this year and kinda want to get into wildlife photography. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
    Anybody out there using this camera? Is it worth that kinda money? Any suggestions on something comparable in a lower price range?

Iím retiring this year and kinda want to get into wildlife photography. Thanks for any suggestions.

Be sure to download the software what probably came with the camera. You'll find Olympus is a fine camera !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly 2 View Post
    Be sure to download the software what probably came with the camera. You'll find Olympus is a fine camera !!!
    Thanks Griz. If I make the purchase I will be sure to take note of that.

I should also point out that in my reading I was led to this camera due to lighter weight, good water resistance, and that it takes great photos. I donít expect I would ever make a profession out of it, but like the idea of potentially taking professional quality photos.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

We are both an Olympus and Sony dealer. While the Olympus is a fine camera, the Sony A6500 is a better value and IMO a better camera and system. The sensor is larger, a big deal. More MP 24.2 vs 20.4, not a huge deal. Olympus has 121 point AF system, Sony has 594. Both are 4k, weather sealed , 5 axis Image stabilization built in. In addition some Sony lenses are stabilized and they boost the built in stabilization, Olympus does not have that feature. The Sony 16-70 F4 Zeiss lens is better optically then anything Olympus makes.
    Feel free to contact me to discuss both. You won't go wrong with either.
    Oh, Sony now is #2 in total interchangeable lens sales behind Canon ahead of Nikon in the USA!!!They are #1 for the last 16 weeks for full frame
    cameras.

Joel
    Camera Land
    516-217-1000
    Joel Paymer
    Camera Land
    720 Old Bethpage Road
    Old Bethpage, NY 11804
    516-217-1000
    joel@cameralandny.com

www.cameralandny.com