Thread: sleeping bag compression how long?

Default sleeping bag compression how long?

im packing up my gear to ship to alaska for my hunt and wanted to see if i have my sleeping bag compressed for about a 5 weeks till i get there for the hunt,would it be ok and not lose it`s loft?my bag is a northface snowshoe.

thanks
    bob

Unless my sleeping bag is on my back,I do not have it in a stuff sack.Just my personal opinion but I leave mine out anytime I am not packing it up a mountain.I beleive in it losing its loft.Just my 2 cents........

Quote Originally Posted by bowmaster View Post
    im packing up my gear to ship to alaska for my hunt and wanted to see if i have my sleeping bag compressed for about a 5 weeks till i get there for the hunt,would it be ok and not lose it`s loft?my bag is a northface snowshoe.

thanks
    bob
    I've had synthetic bags in compression sacks for several months and after the bag was out and shaken I couldn't tell it had been compressed. I believe a clean and dry bag will handle compressed storage just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tjkanavel View Post
    Unless my sleeping bag is on my back,I do not have it in a stuff sack.Just my personal opinion but I leave mine out anytime I am not packing it up a mountain.I beleive in it losing its loft.Just my 2 cents........
    i have to put it a compression sack to get it the container with all my cloth and back pack,im going to ship all this 5 weeks ahead of hunting trip so i don`t have to worry about it getting lost on the airline and paying a oversize charge.other than the bag being compressed in the container for shipment it will be in the tent the rest of the time.