Thread: Thinking of selling scott hudson bay.

Default Thinking of selling scott hudson bay.

Looking for some thoughts on pricing. I have a few year old 21' scott hudson Bay that is Kevlar with a 9.9 Yamaha with a trailer. It is in real good shape. IF I was to sell it what do you think I should ask for it? It is located in Soldotna .
    Semper Fi and God Bless

The HB 21 is popular here.......need pics to pass on......is it labeled as "Kevlar" construction?

I believe it is and I hadn't posted pics because I'm not sure if i am. Leaning towards but looking for advice on price.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I don't know the age of your canoe but a call to Kanoe People will get you the price of a new one and adjust from there.

Is it a later model made by Abitibi?

I think I paid about $4K for a new fiberglass HB Scott two years ago......That's $USD......currency exchange spread was wider back then.

The Boat Shop in Fairbanks is good place to call and ask. Ask for Mike he sold me the one I used to own. Kurt

It's a good canoe in the peak of the season. $1500 for the motor, $5500 for the boat. I wouldn't budge a single penny, or just keep it when the low-ballers come around. Think of what people pay for an ATV, or a raft. Neither of which provides the versatility of a freighter canoe for a young family on a budget.

kevlar ? are you sure its kevlar big price diff compared to fiberglass

I am curious to know what canoe and motor a guy gets to replace the Scot and 9.9. Lighter, different material, mud motor... Thanks