Thread: Thinking of selling scott hudson bay.

Default Thinking of selling scott hudson bay.

Looking for some thoughts on pricing. I have a few year old 21' scott hudson Bay that is Kevlar with a 9.9 Yamaha with a trailer. It is in real good shape. IF I was to sell it what do you think I should ask for it? It is located in Soldotna .
    Semper Fi and God Bless

The HB 21 is popular here.......need pics to pass on......is it labeled as "Kevlar" construction?

I believe it is and I hadn't posted pics because I'm not sure if i am. Leaning towards but looking for advice on price.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I don't know the age of your canoe but a call to Kanoe People will get you the price of a new one and adjust from there.

Is it a later model made by Abitibi?

I think I paid about $4K for a new fiberglass HB Scott two years ago......That's $USD......currency exchange spread was wider back then.

The Boat Shop in Fairbanks is good place to call and ask. Ask for Mike he sold me the one I used to own. Kurt

It's a good canoe in the peak of the season. $1500 for the motor, $5500 for the boat. I wouldn't budge a single penny, or just keep it when the low-ballers come around. Think of what people pay for an ATV, or a raft. Neither of which provides the versatility of a freighter canoe for a young family on a budget.

kevlar ? are you sure its kevlar big price diff compared to fiberglass

I am curious to know what canoe and motor a guy gets to replace the Scot and 9.9. Lighter, different material, mud motor... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Swede View Post
    I am curious to know what canoe and motor a guy gets to replace the Scot and 9.9. Lighter, different material, mud motor... Thanks
    Not really sure but working that out. But I think that I need to sell this first.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by AK.airboater View Post
    kevlar ? are you sure its kevlar big price diff compared to fiberglass
    I guess I'm not 100%. I bought it from a dentist that had way too much money and was told by him that what it was and I have no reason to believe that he was lying. He wouldn't come down on his price because of that factor but to be honest I was buying it no matter what.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Just wanted to announce that I am selling the canoe. $7000 NO LOW BALLERS !!!!
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Tom,

May I suggest that you contact the manufacturer of Scott canoes, Abitibi & Company, provide them with your HIN #, and have them confirm the Kevlar option. That's a $2,000 upgrade, and potential buyers may not be willing to depend upon the previous owner's assumed income status as proof.

Thanx, Dave.
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Quote Originally Posted by BluNosDav View Post
    Tom,

May I suggest that you contact the manufacturer of Scott canoes, Abitibi & Company, provide them with your HIN #, and have them confirm the Kevlar option. That's a $2,000 upgrade, and potential buyers may not be willing to depend upon the previous owner's assumed income status as proof.

Thanx, Dave.
    I just found with the owners paperwork the manufacturer statement of origin and it confirms that the hull material is kevlar
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Semper Fi and God Bless