Thread: minto flats pike fly in

Default minto flats pike fly in

Fly Fishing for pike.

Looking for recommendations for a flight into minto flats that also supplies a boat and maybe a cabin. End of July early August would be the time.

Also, at this time of year (end of July early August) are pike feeding on topwater flies? Or is it going to be best fishing the subsurface. If anyone has a favourite fly pattern and/or fly rod and line set up, that would be great!

Thanks for any information.
    Cole

This guy bought out Rick Gold,, Zara Spook, Jitter Bug, Buzz Bait, all work well.

https://www.alaskaflyinfishing.com/
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Quote Originally Posted by duckmaster23 View Post
    Fly Fishing for pike.

Looking for recommendations for a flight into minto flats that also supplies a boat and maybe a cabin. End of July early August would be the time.

Also, at this time of year (end of July early August) are pike feeding on topwater flies? Or is it going to be best fishing the subsurface. If anyone has a favourite fly pattern and/or fly rod and line set up, that would be great!

Thanks for any information.
    Cole
    I've always done really well with just a long, black bunny leech. Last year my son's and I caught 40 in about 4 hours with black, bunny leeches. If you can find or make the flies weedless even better, but not necessary.