Thread: Weight of a Rem Mod 7 in 300 SAUM??????

Default Weight of a Rem Mod 7 in 300 SAUM??????

Can somebody tell me the weight of a Rem Mod 7? It is stainless/synthetic with a 22" barrel. Their website says it is 7 1/8#'s. That seems a little heavy for a "lightweight" gun.

Thanks-Tim

Default gun weight

If I remember correctly, Remington's web site lists the weight for each of it's many various rifles.

As I stated in the post,I went to their website and looked. They did not have the old version,just the new XCR model (that is not chambered in 300 SAUM). I thought that 7 1/8#'s was a little heavy and I wanted to see if that was the actual weight by having somebody check their's.

Just seems that at that weight it is up there with the 700's weight.Seems a little heavy for a "lightweight,packing" gun.

Default gun weight

There was a time when a 7 lb rifle was considered lightweight and 8 to 10+ was the norm. I would say perceptions change with time. My sheep rifles weight 6.5 to 7 lbs with sling, rings and bases, scope, 3 rounds in the mag and 3 - 4 on the stock...bare rifles are prob in the 5 to 5.5 lb range.

Smile #'s

Mine tips the scale at #7 lbs. alittle over with shells and vx3 3.5x10. Hope this helps