Thread: Flight Training in Anchorage

Default Flight Training in Anchorage

Hey guys!
    Iím currently working on my PPL. Moved down to Oregon to try and knock things out quicker and have quickly realized that quicker isnít the name of the game when it comes to this school. Trying to do my instrument and commercial ratings here as fast as I can.

Had a buddy go through Angel Aviation down in Arizona recently and he recommended checking them out in Anchorage, but they have yet to respond to emails or Facebook messages(will call them on Monday).

Just wondering what your guys thoughts are on flight training in the Anchorage area?

I know of

Land and Sea

Arctic Flyers

Any advice from my fellow Alaskan aviators?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I dont think Angel is doing real well up here yet. A good friend of mine just reacently finished his CFI and signed on with Angel 2 months ago and has yet to get a student. Not sure what is going on down there.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I am currently going through UAA to get all my ratings. Just finished my instrument and working on commercial now. I think it is a good way to go if you can afford it. They have made some really positive changes in the last year. If you want to stay part 61 Artics air academy would be a good one. I also have another friend that is starting up his own training school that I could put you in touch with.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Nevada ( North Las Vegas Airport, Henderson Field and Reno) and Arizona have all sorts of schools that make their living only because of the constantly fly-able weather and semi-reasonable prices.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

"If you want to stay part 61 Artics air academy would be a good one."

^^ This.

Got my PPL in the dark ages (think "Wi.....s") so can't give on-point advice but FWIW, I've taken "extended" BFR's (most following non-flying years-long stints in Texas) from Artics and from ACME Cub and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for (as noted) Part 61 training.
    Back in AK

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'N'Photos View Post
    I am currently going through UAA to get all my ratings. Just finished my instrument and working on commercial now. I think it is a good way to go if you can afford it. They have made some really positive changes in the last year. If you want to stay part 61 Artics air academy would be a good one. I also have another friend that is starting up his own training school that I could put you in touch with.

I sent you a PM. Forgot to throw my name and number in there, but it's Courtland Parret. Believe I follow you on Instagram(alaskanparret) and Facebook. Jealous of the supercub!

Thanks for the insight guys. Since I'll be treating this like my full-time job I'm hoping to get it knocked out by October or November before our weather turns dark and bad. If need be between instrument and commercial for time building I'll go to AZ for a week or two to knock out some serious time-building hours.

emailed land and sea, and working on emailing the others after this to see what they say.

Have you already done all of your written tests?
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Fly Around Alaska (formerly Artics air) has accelerated programs