Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Handguns & Bears

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    What brand chest holster would you recommend for this bad boy?

Reminds me of the "punt" guns they used to stand upright in the bow of boats and blast them off at flocks of ducks and geese during the market hunting days.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Dave... it wouldn't allow me to give you any reputation points but that was one of the best comments I've seen in a while. Well stated sir.

Doesn't matter what caliber I was carrying at the time he'd have to have sucksion cups on all four paws for the feces I would be dropping.
    "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    The two best things to have in bear country are difficult to have for some; common sense and situational awareness.
    Now if my wife were to read this she would say that I could leave my gun at home and just take her along! I'll let her think that it's for situational awareness and common sense but in reality I know that I can out run her. What???? I like her chances against the bear. She could menopause that bruin to death!

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Honyocker = Old north West cowboy slang for a failed homestead farmer. Almost as bad as calling a cowboy a sheep herder.
    Honyock = Historically, honyock referred to immigrant homesteaders "stubbornly" farming "hardscrabble" or "hardpan" land considered better suited to livestock ranching.
    I grew up in Streator Illinois in the 1950&60s and heard this term most of my life from Slovacks, Polocks, Germans, and Hunkies, Italians, multi national community it was.
    Steve
    "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    I grew up in Streator Illinois in the 1950&60s and heard this term most of my life from Slovacks, Polocks, Germans, and Hunkies, Italians, multi national community it was.
    Steve
    My grandpa called me a honyock all the time when I was a kid. Followed by either I wasn’t dry behind the ears yet or my nuts hadn’t dropped yet🥴!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234