Thread: Help with value of my TC Grey Hawk

Default Help with value of my TC Grey Hawk

Hello,
    I am the owner of a mid 90s Thompson/Center 50 cal Grey Hawk muzzloader with a stainless barrel and composite stock. Google searches I have found put it at 150-375, however, I am in Anchorage and it's not as big of a market. It has only been brought to the range a few times, mainly early on when I won it. Stored in good condition, if not better.

I saw a few blue book sites cost money and asking here is free, what could I expect to get for it in the Anchorage market? Worth the effort to sell online and ship it out? I sadly would like to use the path of least resistance but if it's work the effort, I will put in for it. I know they are discounted so maybe that helps with the value.

I will be open to selling it, and when I do, I will put it in the firearm swap and sell forum so I don't screw over the site.

Thanks in advance!
    Alaska1986

Can't help you much at all with the Anchorage market, because I don't know the market or your rifle. I did a google search and found lot of listing of sales. Here is the search I did, but you might also do one on prices. My guess is that you should determine a fair price and list it in Anchorage or here on the site, but if it doesn't sell, move it along to some of the outlets you'll find in the google search.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Can't help you much at all with the Anchorage market, because I don't know the market or your rifle. I did a google search and found lot of listing of sales. Here is the search I did, but you might also do one on prices. My guess is that you should determine a fair price and list it in Anchorage or here on the site, but if it doesn't sell, move it along to some of the outlets you'll find in the google search.
    Thanks for the advice. My search came up with almost the same results, especially gunbroker.

As a 30 year Alaskan smoke pole affectionado, I would say that the black powder market up here is really quite limited. If you are wanting anything close to fair market value for anything burning black powder , Gunbroker is by far your best bet.