Thread: Trailer Light Question

Angry Trailer Light Question

Do any of the trailer mfg's have side bunk risers that can be use to mount the tail lights on to keep them dry? I'm tired of messing around with my lights every time I go out...

Any suggestions much appreciated.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Default Something like this?

Check this out...this what you're looking for?

Cabelas pipe lights

Thumbs up Perfect

Thanks FishGuy! I knew there had to be an answer. I wonder if there is anything local? I'd buy them tonight.
    how to act in public

I saw a buddy had his trailer lights bolted right to a 2x6. He then strapped to 2x6 to the top of his boat across the back end. This was on a little 16' flat bottom though. Seemed to work alright.

I saw another buddy who just unplugged his taillights before backing in......wish i would of thought of that one! Would of saved me alot of time this spring. (lol)

I always unplug before the trailer gets wet. I clean the contacts inside the lights at the start of every season and have no problems.

I unplug as well, but, corrosion still builds to the point of having to completely redo the ground connection. My setup uses the frame for ground. Perhaps thats the problem? Maybe I should run a seperate ground wire to each light. But I think the light post method is still a better setup. Plus backing my trailer with no boat on it is a pain to see.
    how to act in public

Thumbs up

get LED tail lights by Optronics, completely submersible. Have had mine on for three years now with no probs. They are available at Amazon and probably most boat shops.

Default Tail lights

I mount my lights on C-clamps and fasten the clamps to the rear of the boat. I have to remove them each time I launch, but it only takes seconds and I've had the same set of lights for 4 years. I was going through a couple of lights a year before. For wire I use orange extension cord and lay it in the bottom of the boat. When I remove them I put the lights and cord in a Home Depot bucket and set it in the back of my truck and I always leave them plugged in.
    Works for me.

Default Removable

I do the same mount them on clamps or a board and put on the boat, then un-clamp and put in the bed of the truck, they never sees water. Been doing that for years and only replace one set. Set them on the bumper and backed up, oppppps