Thread: where to find certified scales? Fai

Default where to find certified scales? Fai

Plane is just coming out of annual, IA wants a new w&b done, nobody in Fai seems to have scales at the moment anyone know where I can rent a set from? This is the only thing holding me up.

Northland Aviation doesn't have scales? It seems like they had scales when they did my last annual, but that was a long time ago.
    Louis Knapp

Yes they do but I stopped in and John told me their out for cert in anc, same with the other place I tried, canít remember if it was Delcourt, and Chena Marina, everyoneís scales are out, but so is the weather, maybe the snow will stop by April

The snow could stop by April, not showing any signs of that now! Could probably get a ferry permit and fly it down to ANC to get weighed but somebody could have their scales back before the weather cooperates for that. What about the A&P school, or one of the 135 carriers?
    Louis Knapp

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    The snow could stop by April, not showing any signs of that now! Could probably get a ferry permit and fly it down to ANC to get weighed but somebody could have their scales back before the weather cooperates for that. What about the A&P school, or one of the 135 carriers?
    A&p school wasnít certified, with my luck Iíll get it to Anchorage but end up stuck. Worth a shot figured Iíd ask, Iíll wait and see who gets theirs back first.

Why does he want a W&B done? What is wrong with the old one math won't fix?
    DENNY

If the IA wants you to get a new W&B maybe he should be able to suggest how to get it done??

Quote Originally Posted by Akbeaver View Post
    If the IA wants you to get a new W&B maybe he should be able to suggest how to get it done??
    Got it done, nobody in town had them available for several weeks, so just left the plane. Ended up pulling out a 530 now to figure out how to sell it up here.