Thread: Xtratuff=Not Really...

Default Xtratuff=Not Really...

Less than a year and a half and they are already cracking on the sides at the balls,rubber is thin and now the insulation is wet.
    After drying out, what is the best way to patch? Silicone?
    Even my old lacrosse boots lasted longer.
    tia

Buddy fixed a hole in muck boots with flex seal, I have used gorilla super glue to do the same on mucks.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

They switched their manufacturing plant to China. I have never heard of quality going up with that move.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

i emailed them we'll see

We wear them a lot. 2 pair a year is pretty common. They are junk.

Over 12+ seasons with my LaCrosse Burlys. No tread left, but still waterproof.

Never was a fan of the Extra Tuffs, even the pre-China ones.

xtratuff's response.
    Thank you for your message. The warranty on your boots is valid for only one year from the date of purchase, and therefore has expired. However, your boots can be repaired with a product called Aquaseal. Aquaseal is a urethane adhesive which can repair neoprene, rubber and coated fabric. Aquaseal will permanently seal and repair leaks with a waterproof bond.

This item is sold in most hardware and marine stores, and is likely available where you purchased your boots.

If we can further assist you, please contact us again.

$150? Never again!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Over 12+ seasons with my LaCrosse Burlys. No tread left, but still waterproof.
    I have three pairs and I like the air grip soles. The regular sole slips to easily in mud and slick conditions. The air grip seems perfect as it grips the same in any direction.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    They switched their manufacturing plant to China. I have never heard of quality going up with that move.
    I think it was back in the late 80s when I bought a pair of "blemished" Xtratuffs here locally. If you looked real hard you could find what looked like a 1/4" white mark on one of them. Because of that "blemish" I think I paid around $50. I still have them today and they're going strong....even after letting my boy wear them to work in for a couple years. That being said, when I finally got mine back from my boy, knowing that I haven't heard good things about them after they made the "switch", I went out and bought my boy a pair of Muck Boots instead.

Imo though, I believe the Chinese can make excellent stuff as good as any other country if need be. It's Xtratuff's quality control that is to blame if the quality has gone downhill...not the Chinese people.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

yeah. i like my air grips too,in the mud, not so much on a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbunny View Post
    Less than a year and a half and they are already cracking on the sides at the balls,rubber is thin and now the insulation is wet.
    After drying out, what is the best way to patch? Silicone?
    Even my old lacrosse boots lasted longer.
    tia

My gold dredging boots/gloves/wetsuits get a lot of severe use so I protect them with Household Goop. It's cheap, easy to apply, flexible and it dries overnight. I can even apply it when the neoprene is still wet.

I tried using Aquaseal but found it wasn't as durable and was much, much more expensive.

A few years ago B&J's was selling their remaining stock of USA Tuffs at the Sportmans show. I have two new pairs of USA made but after that Ill probably try the Grundens boots

https://shop.grundens.com/shop/footwear/deck-boss-boot/

copy on the goop, i forgot about that stuff, thanks

Don't use silicone for repairs, it isn't very tough. For an inexpensive tough material to repair boots, chest waders, rainware etc get a tube of polyurethane roof sealer.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.