Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Searunner performance issues

Not when comparing my stainless to aluminum props. I can get 5900 rpms with full fuel and 2 in the boat running the 19" aluminum props. When running the 17" stainless props I get 5400-5500. Aluminum blades flex quite a bit and prop diameter might be a little bit different.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Not when comparing my stainless to aluminum props. I can get 5900 rpms with full fuel and 2 in the boat running the 19" aluminum props. When running the 17" stainless props I get 5400-5500. Aluminum blades flex quite a bit and prop diameter might be a little bit different.
    Blade design and cupping also plays a part in how fast that prop will turn. I tend to think that cupping has more to do with it than a lot of folks think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Blade design and cupping also plays a part in how fast that prop will turn. I tend to think that cupping has more to do with it than a lot of folks think.

Iím sure youíre right on that, the prop shop I use down here is pretty awesome, I can probably have them tweak the stainless props to get a few more rpms out of them. Iíll tackle that in the fall for winter charter duty.

Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

What about foam in the newer Hewes? Anyone have issues with wet foam in any Hewes in the 2015 and up models? I remember them doing some modifications to help get the water back to the bilge a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post

Sure does!!!
    Found that out the hard way. Got a Hi-5 stainless double cupped prop for my boat and it was a little low on RPM so had my prop guy back East work on it. He said he too out one of the cups. It now has too little cup and over revs so I will need to have some cup put back in.
    Wish he had just taken out 1/2 of the cupping instead.
    Would probably be mint then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123