Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lake Louise riding report

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    Thanks for the response, my riding partner ended up working this Saturday, and I wanted to head to my place on Lake Susitna but am a little worried about traveling across the lakes alone, I could stay the night or come back the same day if there is anybody headed in that direction, it is going to be a nice weekend truly all I want todo is sort a few things out so I can get my ATV out of there when the snow melts down enough.
    Anybody? want to go up at the very least it is going to be a beautiful day and out and about, if you are interested PM me and I will send my phone number..

I was up there Friday and the trails I rode on were great, the weather has been cold at night so I would think they are still holding up well.
    Great, thanks. I can't make it up this weekend, but if the trails are holding up I would like to make 1 more trip out next weekend. We'll see.

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Great, thanks. I can't make it up this weekend, but if the trails are holding up I would like to make 1 more trip out next weekend. We'll see.
    Here is a picture of the walk way up to our lake home as of last Friday as you can see there is still lots of snow, the snow was at least two feet deep with a slight crust on top, the lake house faces east so it gets lots of sun, so yea I think there will be at least a couple weeks of good snow.

image.jpg

Here is a picture of the walk way up to our lake home as of last Friday as you can see there is still lots of snow, the snow was at least two feet deep with a slight crust on top, the lake house faces east so it gets lots of sun, so yea I think there will be at least a couple weeks of good snow.
    Right on! Thanks for the report and picture.

Still plenty of snow, I'm planning on at least two more weekends, with a third possible...?

To get to my place I ride on Louise and then take the Crosswind lake trail for a ways. The Crosswind trail on Saturday was impeccable. The grooming that had been done prior was holding up nicely.

Working on the cabin. Spouse decided the loft needed a dormer window, so I framed that up on Sunday. Should be getting sheathing on this weekend.

Looking east with Mt Drum in the image center...

Quote Originally Posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    Still plenty of snow, I'm planning on at least two more weekends, with a third possible...?

To get to my place I ride on Louise and then take the Crosswind lake trail for a ways. The Crosswind trail on Saturday was impeccable. The grooming that had been done prior was holding up nicely.

Working on the cabin. Spouse decided the loft needed a dormer window, so I framed that up on Sunday. Should be getting sheathing on this weekend.

Looking east with Mt Drum in the image center...

That's awesome man! I love the view out your dormer window. Nice clean framing too! Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    That's awesome man! I love the view out your dormer window. Nice clean framing too! Thanks for the report.
    Looks like you are doing a great job, also looks like lots of snow in your area.

image.jpgimage.jpg

A perfect day for riding up at lake Louise this weekend 4-8-18 the snow condition and weather were perfect, hope to see everyone out busting trails this coming weekend

Returned from our cabin on Monday morning, it was another gorgeous day! Worst conditions were on Lake Louise, the East trail is getting pretty bumpy. Crosswind Lake trail coming off of Louise is still in perfect shape. Here's a shot of our trail on Monday, looking east. (rats, Imgur upload is delayed, will link image later)

Quote Originally Posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    Returned from our cabin on Monday morning, it was another gorgeous day! Worst conditions were on Lake Louise, the East trail is getting pretty bumpy. Crosswind Lake trail coming off of Louise is still in perfect shape. Here's a shot of our trail on Monday, looking east. (rats, Imgur upload is delayed, will link image later)
    Thanks, I am going up on Sunday, I have had conversations with folks back on Susitna and they have told me that the snow condition are very good, I am trying to get my ATV back to the lodge and I am not sure I am going to be able to do it as there is still a lot of snow.

So here's what the trail to our place looked like on Monday morning, a couple miles east of Lake Louise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123