Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Louise riding report

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    Attachment 95471

just wondering how many people have ever stopped and ate at the Tyone Mountain Lodge? While many years ago traveling up and down the Tyone River hunting we would always stop there for their blueberry pancakes they were a real treat.
    anybody else?

I have no connection to this activity other then I have joined in the ride and have always had a great time, date March 24th

ANNUAL SPRING FUN RUN $30.00 ENTRY FEE includes dinner LIVE MUSIC Friday and Saturday by the Nuthers Brothers 8:30PM-till??

This picture was taken on the very north end of Susitna Lake just before entering Tyone Lake, be careful out ther and ride in pairs.image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    I have no connection to this activity other then I have joined in the ride and have always had a great time, date March 24th

ANNUAL SPRING FUN RUN $30.00 ENTRY FEE includes dinner LIVE MUSIC Friday and Saturday by the Nuthers Brothers 8:30PM-till??
    For the people who do not know this is up at Lake Louise

Lake Louise Trail Report
    March 15,2018

Good news bad news. We have received around 3 to 4 inches of lite fluffy snow this week but the bad news is the temperatures have risen to the mid 30's the last couple days. Night time lows have only been in the 20's. This has softened the trails considerably. If hauling heavy loads please try to do it early morning when the temperatures are cooler.
    Last week the Tucker suffered a major breakdown while grooming the Cindy Trail. We were able to limp it back home and are in the process of doing the repairs with the hope of having it back in service this weekend.
    Fortunately, we had just gotten the Bombardier "Big Foot" up and running again. We were able to finish grooming Cindy Trail last week and groom the Lake Trail on Monday. Our main focus this week is to get the Tucker operational and using both machines groom the Crosswind, Big Rock, Moore, and Eureka / John Lake trails.
    Remember the weekend after this coming one is the Spring Fun Run. The run is planned to be over the Moore Lake Trail this year. With all the snow we have this year the trail should be absolutely dynamite.
    Word of caution............Over flow has appeared once again! There is a large area overflow on the trail at Curly's Point on the way to Cameron Cove. With these warmer temperatures I'm sure more will appear eventually. Please report any you run across on the trails. Also I might add heavy snow on roofs has begun to slide off. Be aware where you walk or park.
    Enjoy the great spring riding we are having. Please be kind to the trails and they will last for many weeks to come.
    Did you know...all your snowmobile registration dollars go towards grooming and trail development? Please keep your snowmobile registration current and support the trails.

MAR24
    Lake Louise Spring Fun Run

• pin

MArch 22,2018

Trail Report

This past week, the high winds have wreaked havoc on the trail system. This has resulted in drifted in trails and hard pack snow. The crew continues to groom daily and by this weekend a good portion of the Lake Louise and Lake Susitna trails should be re-groomed and the Moore Lake trail will also be completed. However, with this exceptional snow year riding continues to be very good and should continue into the foreseeable future.

Overflow has started to show up again and in many incidents in areas where you would not suspect to be any. So be alert, careful and travel with a partner.

It does seem the Tucker Snow-Cat has been jinxed this year. After much work, the rear differential was repaired and the Tucker was back in the lineup. During the week, one of the crews, grooming in the Tolsona Creek area where there is significant ice flow the Tucker broke through and now is stuck. It will take some effort but we hope to free the beast next week.

For the remainder of this week, club members will focus on completing the grooming on the Moore Lake trail in preparation for this weekendís big event, ďThe 35th Annual Spring Fun RunĒ. With the clear sunny weather forecasted for the remainder of the week and through the weekend, this will prove to be a fun event for all!!

For most of the past week the temperatures have remained fairly warm with day time temps hitting the low 30s and the evenings dipping to the high teens. However, last night the temps dropped to -17, but it should warm up to the low 20s during the day. With these clear skies, anticipate similar temps for the remainder of the week, with some warming as we move towards the weekend.
    Comments:

As a reminder. Don't travel alone, dress appropriately and let someone know where you are going. If you do come across a hazard. Please report it to someone at Lake Louise Lodge.

March 22, 2018

Fantastic day up at Lake Louise/Susitna Lake

image.jpg

I had -27 this morning out at the shack so for all you guys with diesel trucks Iíd wait till it warms up before you try to leave. My buddy said itís 1 above at his cabin in the sun whereas my thermometer sitting in the shade reads -17 so quite a big difference btw light and shade. Sorry I have to pick on the diesel guys a little I canít count the number of diesel trucks Iíve had to jump start once it dips below -20.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhardwater View Post
    I had -27 this morning out at the shack so for all you guys with diesel trucks Iíd wait till it warms up before you try to leave. My buddy said itís 1 above at his cabin in the sun whereas my thermometer sitting in the shade reads -17 so quite a big difference btw light and shade. Sorry I have to pick on the diesel guys a little I canít count the number of diesel trucks Iíve had to jump start once it dips below -20.
    How true, I guess that is why the big trucks let their engines run all night. It was 19 below this morning at the lodge

When I left the lodge I saw several guys out there with jumper boxes trying to get there trucks started.

Yeah, I heard them glo-plugs don't work on them diesels once the mercury drops below 20. But I'm surprised they wouldn't start back up again after it warmed up in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Yeah, I heard them glo-plugs don't work on them diesels once the mercury drops below 20. But I'm surprised they wouldn't start back up again after it warmed up in the afternoon.
    Glow plugs? What were they driving 88 Chevy with the 6.2 diesels wow. Cummins and duramax never used glow plugs. The ol 7.3 used glow plugs but the 6.0 didnít.

Sorry everybody. You'll have to excuse us. 323 has held a grudge against me ever since I stood up for trailblazersteve a few weeks ago. He's just waiting for me to make little mistakes here and there so he can try to get under my skin. Okay 323, are you happy now? I am not a diesel expert. Never owned one. Big deal. Can we get one with life and play nice now?

March 29th

Trail report

The season will be coming to an end soon but there is still several weeks left of riding thanks to our heavy snow fall this year. The temperatures all week have been typical spring weather. Below zero in the mornings and rising to the high twenties by late afternoon.

The trails are still firm in the morning but get soft by the afternoons. To make them last please haul all you heavy loads in the mornings.

We have exhausted all our grooming grant money for this year so we will continue grooming on an as needed basis.

Starting Monday we will begin our full press effort to recover the Tucker out of the ice flow at about mile 8, on the Tolsona trail. We'll need people to help during the week and the weekend to free it from the ice and get it on some plastic skids to tow it back to Dinty Bush. If you can help please contact Harry Ė 907-232-9080 or Randy at 907-355-9559

Comments:

As a reminder. Don't travel alone, dress appropriately and let someone know where you are going. If you do come across a hazard. Please report it to someone at Lake Louise Lodge.

March 29, 2018

Anybody going up to lake Louise or lake susitna this weekend?

Heading to my property on Friday, just east of Louise. The trails were awesome last weekend, had my fastest run to the cabin ever on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    Heading to my property on Friday, just east of Louise. The trails were awesome last weekend, had my fastest run to the cabin ever on Saturday.
    Thanks for the response, my riding partner ended up working this Saturday, and I wanted to head to my place on Lake Susitna but am a little worried about traveling across the lakes alone, I could stay the night or come back the same day if there is anybody headed in that direction, it is going to be a nice weekend truly all I want todo is sort a few things out so I can get my ATV out of there when the snow melts down enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    ChugiakTinkerer, when are you gonna build that cabin? Can't wait to see the pictures. Be sure to post when you are done. And please give us a trail report after next weekend. I was thinking about heading out to my cabin, but I am curious to know how the trails are holding up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    ChugiakTinkerer, when are you gonna build that cabin? Can't wait to see the pictures. Be sure to post when you are done. And please give us a trail report after next weekend. I was thinking about heading out to my cabin, but I am curious to know how the trails are holding up.
    I was up there Friday and the trails I rode on were great, the weather has been cold at night so I would think they are still holding up well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast