Thread: advice on binos

Default advice on binos

wondering if some of yall could give some advice on some good binos...I'm looking to mainly use them for caribou hunting...and looking to spend around $250

thanks guys,

Richie

I have a pair of Leupold Wind River Cascades 10x42 and really like them.They are light,compact,very clear,good in low light,100% waterproof,and have a lifetime warranty.Brand new they are $300,but if you look around you can find them for less.The Nikon Monarch's are also very good bino's for your budget.I suggest going to a store that has several different models and looking through as many as you can.Pick the one that fits you best.Good luck.

Adorama.com has been running a special on the Leupold Wind River Cascades 8x42 for 225. Shipped UPS two day air to alaska for 250. I picked up a pair and I really like them. I looked through a pair of the Leupolds and a pair of the Monarchs and I thought the Leupolds were clearer and the Nikons seemed to curve at the edge of my field of view.

Always check eBay for someone getting rid of their old pair after an upgrade. Got a set of swaro 8x30s for 400 bucks with brand new lenses. Its worth a shot and you might get a deal!

thanks guys...I went with the Monarch's and I'm very happy with them

Richie

Default Awesome!

Glad to hear it Richie. Have a friend who bought the monarchs and he loves his too. I just leaned towards the Leupolds for some reason but the monarchs were my #2. What magnification did you get?

Default Monarch

You stole my thunder. When I saw this thread I was all prepared to tell you how happy I am with my monarch binoculars and how highly I recommend them, but you beat me to it. They are awsome.