Thread: Anyone ridden out to Trinity Lake this winter?

Default Anyone ridden out to Trinity Lake this winter?

I'm hoping to ride out to Trinity tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has made the ride out there this season who could chime in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SewellGT View Post
    I'm hoping to ride out to Trinity tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has made the ride out there this season who could chime in.

Thanks
    I haven't this year. I assume you have been before? Please let me know how it goes. I'd like to get out there and visit Lee S.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I haven't this year. I assume you have been before? Please let me know how it goes. I'd like to get out there and visit Lee S.
    I haven't done it before. I built a place out on Judd this summer and have a sled I want to get out there. I know a couple of the guys on Trinity and got a really high level route map from them. Was hoping to ride out with people who had done it before but am considering trying to recruit a couple buddies to tag along and see if I can figure it out.

If you have a good map you should be o.k. It can be tough to sort out. I'm not sure I'm going to get time to head out there this year.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

That looks like it would be a great ride. Would you leave from Pt Mac or somewhere else?

Is there a road house out there? Looks like that be a fun ride.. I wonder if dupontspinner knows how to get out there..

Quote Originally Posted by bmunsell View Post
    That looks like it would be a great ride. Would you leave from Pt Mac or somewhere else?
    Yeah, Pt Mac area is closest. No road house out that way, just private cabins.

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

Just messing around on Google Earth and actually found a snowmachine trail from what I think would be the gas line trail to Beluga, to Trinity Lake. I have it saved as a KLM file, if any body wants it, but this forum doesn't want to upload a file with the format. Looks like an easily doable trail of about 65 miles starting at the Burma Road/Pt Mac parking lot.

Gas Line Trail.jpgTrinity Lake Trail.jpg