Thread: Eureka

Wink Eureka

I am heading to Eureka this morning and was wondering if anyone had any trail reports for me. I know it's short notice and I think it's supposed to rain but you gotta go when you can. Thanks in advance.

How 'bout a report when when you get back.

Tim

Default We're back

Hey, we are back, had a great time.
    It wasn't bad, a couple of the water holes were a little deep but not impassable, we only made it a little past 4 corners then got hit with a nasty rain storm and decided to head back. Only saw one Caribou (buck) running next to the trail and some Ravens feasting on something. Definitly need to schedule another trip, I love it up there!!! Sorry I don't have more to report. Happy riding everyone!!

I rode it for the first time over the weekend. We rode the Old Man Trail for about 10 miles until we crossed a river (Nelchina?), and then fought on for about another 10 miles before turning back, and returning via Porcupine Ridge.

The trail was in OK shape, but there are plenty of mud holes--most easily passable, but a few with deep lurking holes. As trees are not that common, I'd think twice before trying this trail solo unless you are pretty adept at getting yourself out of holes, and have some kind of anchor you can set to give your winch something to pull against. Quite a few side trails, so I'm glad that we not only had the GPS running (for the "breadcrumb" trail back), as well as some other riders who knew their way around there.

Quote Originally Posted by sr12345 View Post
    I rode it for the first time over the weekend. We rode the Old Man Trail for about 10 miles until we crossed a river (Nelchina?), and then fought on for about another 10 miles before turning back, and returning via Porcupine Ridge.
    Whatca mean "fought on" I think the Little Nel is 13.5 miles from that trailhead. Go past the lodge and start at the gravel pits next time. You can "fought on" 70 miles one way from over there.