Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's almost like Chirstmas in February

Quote Originally Posted by ERDucker View Post
    From what I hear, DC001 is very similar to goat hunting.
    Absolutely! I've had a few excellent hunts in that area, and in each case I found the caribou up with the sheep. I hope the permit numbers for that hunt go up at some point in the future. I don't put in for it anymore due to low permit numbers, but I sure would love to hunt caribou there again someday.

Haven't drawn a yeti tag in 47 years. So I'm hoping for a Kodiak Yeti or Illiama Lake critter tag.

Quote Originally Posted by ERDucker View Post
    From what I hear, DC001 is very similar to goat hunting.
    Indeed....I killed a big bull up there 14 years ago. It was supposed to only be a day hike for a buddy to show me where he had killed one before a couple years earlier. We ended up finding one lone bull up there late in the day. Killed him and got him all packed up and headed down almost at dark. About halfway down we decided to call it quits before we ended up rolling down that mountain. Found a semi flat spot among some hemlocks and went to sleep with no sleeping bag. I woke up around 2am or so a little chilled so I built a small fire and snuggled up against it and went back to sleep for awhile. Thank God it was nice weather! Post 130... http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ighlight=DC001
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    You're doing better than many in having drawn that sheep tag. For me, goat has been my nemesis. I've been putting in the maximum number of choices for goat tags since I was 16. 23 years later I still have not drawn a single one. That's the beauty and the curse of a random draw, I suppose.
    I have had same issue with sheep and bear tags. Been putting in for TMA and Kodiak/unimak bears since 1986 and never sniffed one. Great thing is tags can't keep you from getting those critters in other parts of the state.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123