Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's almost like Chirstmas in February

Thanks alot, I had forgot all about this $H!+, now it's gonna be the only thing on my mind.

Put all my eggs for each species in one basket.

Kulida Bay Fall bear
    Kiluda Bay Goat
    Kenai Sheep
    DC001
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Probably everyone wants a buffalo. I'd like an archery moose too. But since I have not drawn a tag since 2011.....I'll take a spruce hen tag if they offered one.
    I am savin money on that bison tag for the next 10 years!

Pretty good odds on the moose tag I put in for so I'm not considering that. Top 2 for me would be sheep and Kodiak bear. Also, I'd like my wife to win the same bison tag I won last year since I can't play that game for 10 years.

Chugach sheep! bow or rifle I don't care. Brown bear to go with it!

I drew a 485 bou and a Delta Bison tag last year.......I have used up my luck for the rest of this decade I think. At least I made good on both tags with the Sharps!

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post

Put all my eggs for each species in one basket.
    I'd be curious what others have done in this regard. I'm sure it's all over the map, but are many people making use the option to put all of their choices on single hunts, or are folks mostly putting in one per hunt for multiple hunts? I mostly put all six choices into individual hunts with the exception of moose (limited to three antlered choices).

Oh, and I have to alter my original answer. Since this is my son's first year applying, I'd say I most want him to pull a moose or caribou tag. Anything else would be gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I'd be curious what others have done in this regard. I'm sure it's all over the map, but are many people making use the option to put all of their choices on single hunts, or are folks mostly putting in one per hunt for multiple hunts? I mostly put all six choices into individual hunts with the exception of moose (limited to three antlered choices).
    I'm an all my eggs in the same basket kind of guy. As much as I am hoping to pull a tag (applied for bison, sheep, goat, and a kodiak bear tag) I might need to invest in a better couch if I draw any of them!

Start a poll Brian on how everyone applied for the draw. I put everything on one tag when I do it.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

For caribou I go all in on one tag like this year I went all in on DC827. Last year I went all in on DC485 and drew it, first time in years drawing it. Moose and bear I have too many different ones I want and try to diversify but I do try put in twice on one tag I really prefer.

I will in on the high seas (Caribbean) with the love of my life when the draw comes out. Hears to kodiak goat, chugach sheep, and delta sheep. Good luck to all.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

You're doing better than many in having drawn that sheep tag. For me, goat has been my nemesis. I've been putting in the maximum number of choices for goat tags since I was 16. 23 years later I still have not drawn a single one. That's the beauty and the curse of a random draw, I suppose.
    So Brian, have you passed on goats because you haven't drawn? Man, if that is the case, I would highly recommend just taking a trip down to Kodiak and hunting the registration area. There are a ton of goats and if it's a matter of getting time off from school/teaching, I'd suggest just doing it over one of the long vacations, like winter or spring break.

If I could have any two of the tags I applied for, it would for sure be Delta sheep tags, one for me and one for my son.

put three chances on a single moose tag...

go my caribou ta last year, so will b happy either way.

I've actually draw a lot of tags over the last 20 + years......

Chris

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grayling View Post
    I will in on the high seas (Caribbean) with the love of my life when the draw comes out. Hears to kodiak goat, chugach sheep, and delta sheep. Good luck to all.
    I took my wife to Costa Rica last week for her birthday. I thought the draw was supposed to come out last Friday, I probably looked like an idiot refreshing my email app (for 5 minutes). Eventually I checked the website, realized my good up and went back to the pool.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Quote Originally Posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    So Brian, have you passed on goats because you haven't drawn? Man, if that is the case, I would highly recommend just taking a trip down to Kodiak and hunting the registration area. There are a ton of goats and if it's a matter of getting time off from school/teaching, I'd suggest just doing it over one of the long vacations, like winter or spring break.
    Not entirely. I took one on a registration hunt here in the Chugach in 2016 and have tried a handful of Kenai registration tags back when those late season hunts were more of a thing. Iíd like to try Kodiak, but it hasnít been a high enough priority between time off and other family hunts, etc. Itís on the list, though. (Iíve hunted it years ago for deer, but not for goat.)

You're doing better than many in having drawn that sheep tag. For me, goat has been my nemesis. I've been putting in the maximum number of choices for goat tags since I was 16. 23 years later I still have not drawn a single one. That's the beauty and the curse of a random draw, I suppose.
    Well, I've drawn Delta sheep three times: 1993, 1997, and 2004. But draw odds were a lot better back in those days!

Dm549 and dc485. All about them hunts that donít break the bank this year! Hereís to one more week!

Quote Originally Posted by ERDucker View Post
    So with just over a week to go until ADFG puts either a gift or a lump of coal in your stocking, if you could only get two of the tags that you applied for, what would they be?

Oh, and I have to alter my original answer. Since this is my son's first year applying, I'd say I most want him to pull a moose or caribou tag. Anything else would be gravy.
    Similar situation. While I would love to pull a couple tag of my own, having my kids draw will beat that any day.

So with just over a week to go until ADFG puts either a gift or a lump of coal in your stocking, if you could only get two of the tags that you applied for, what would they be?
    Well, seeing that I only put in for two species this year that would be pretty easy to decide....goat and caribou down here on the Kenai. And yes, I did put in all six for goat, but only one for caribou.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Well, seeing that I only put in for two species this year that would be pretty easy to decide....goat and caribou down here on the Kenai. And yes, I did put in all six for goat, but only one for caribou.
    From what I hear, DC001 is very similar to goat hunting.

From what I hear, DC001 is very similar to goat hunting.
    This is true

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast