Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Look close at the photo........

Thank goodness draw permits come out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Itíll only get worse then.....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Itíll only get worse then.....
    I put all six of my choices on YT101.. the new Yeti permit...
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Dang it. I was hoping no one saw the YT series permits. My odds just went down.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I have brought this up a number of times before but it deserves readdressing.....

The Eastern Nelchina Yeti is still protected where the Western Nelchina Yeti has a booming population. For you guys who draw the hard to get Yeti permits make sure you can identify the different sub-species...

Eastern Yetis have a longer tail stump and only 4 toes on the back feet where the Eastern Yeti has a full set of 5 toes on the back feet and almost no tail stump. The Western Yeti also has a more pronounced silver underbelly.

Here is the best link for the 2 sub sets...www.yetiid.dumbarss.gov

Walt
    Northwestalaska.net
    Drop Camps, Float hunts and Full service Yeti hunts.
    907-259-4290
    Attached Images Attached Images

The light colored pads appear to be an illusion created most likely by light colored soil reflected by direct sunlight in what looks like a photo where the color saturation and light balance and contrast have all been altered for publishing. As to the bear itself? I assume it's a dark colored brown bear, or at least a bear with dark legs.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    The light colored pads appear to be an illusion created most likely by light colored soil reflected by direct sunlight in what looks like a photo where the color saturation and light balance and contrast have all been altered for publishing. As to the bear itself? I assume it's a dark colored brown bear, or at least a bear with dark legs.
    Black bear shot on a commercial hunt. Story is on his site, roughly page 6 IIRC. Shot the bear and left it lay overnight too, because they had to get back for dinner.

Edit: Here....https://www.longrangehunting.com/art...lack-bear.807/
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

It is claimed to be a Black Bear, harvested at 8,000 ASL. If you look close at the first and second photo the bear is laying in "Brown" dirt.
    http://www.bergerbullets.com/len-backus-black-bear/

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Black bear shot on a commercial hunt. Story is on his site, roughly page 6 IIRC.
    The photos show it dead in "BROWN" dirt..........http://www.bergerbullets.com/len-backus-black-bear/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Black bear shot on a commercial hunt. Story is on his site, roughly page 6 IIRC. Shot the bear and left it lay overnight too, because they had to get back for dinner.

Edit: Here....https://www.longrangehunting.com/art...lack-bear.807/
    Can you do us all a favor and construct complete sentences? Your typing reminds me of that Star Wars scene where all of the beings were speaking in different sentences during the prison scene. You know, where Jabba the Hut was doing what he does best. You need a major overhaul with your typing, grammer, and overall penmanship. Now don't get on me about penmanship, you are the type that wants to be politically correct, "penpersonship". I know all about your type. You are the type who ,,,,,, hold on, my pizza is here.

I had it on the ADF&G website earlier today, but not seeing it now. Weird.
    Anyways, I'm pretty stoked about it though. It's in that little itty bitty area between Wainwright and Juneau too....
    No need for scouting here...

I wonder what the hunters boot soles look like. And what exactly is up with his ball cap. Looks like a Berger bullet logo but think the photo was doctored as the animal/ink blob in the center looks like a chicken.

Feeling the cabin walls closing in as we enter another month of perpetual breakup. And the draw results donít help muchójust create more fodder of doctored, predetermined conspiracies. Especially with a co-worker of my wife drawing 3 permits (one being a dream hunt of mine) that her boyfriend put her in foróI knew it was a conspiracy even before walls told me. And now Iím certain this darn tan-footed bear had something to do with it.

Itís always funny to me how our winter posts really do read a little differently than those of July.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post

Feeling the cabin walls closing in as we enter another month of perpetual breakup.
    Breakup?.....in February?......I think your bout with the misspoken goat permit really did mess with your mind...!!!......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Sadly not the final break up, but seems like we have a new round of break up almost every month on the Kenai last couple winters. Get a good 6Ē to a foot of snow, then comes the warm rain for a few days. A week of nice white fluffy stuff followed by a few weeks of crusty, dirty, rotten snow/ice.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234