Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look close at the photo........

Made some calls. Talked to the taxidermist that does mounts for this guys cousin. Turns out it was a grizzly shot in Yellowstone for a tv show. They tried to add dust to make the bear look like a dirty black bear. They had shot it because it ate six hikers who were out doing a big foot study in northern yellow stone park. They moved the bear for photos as it was collared and some folks may have recognized it. Itís gonna be mounted for one of the new cabelas stores.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Made some calls. Talked to the taxidermist that does mounts for this guys cousin. Turns out it was a grizzly shot in Yellowstone for a tv show. They tried to add dust to make the bear look like a dirty black bear. They had shot it because it ate six hikers who were out doing a big foot study in northern yellow stone park. They moved the bear for photos as it was collared and some folks may have recognized it. Itís gonna be mounted for one of the new cabelas stores.
    Did it eat six hikers all in one sitting? Maybe the odd shadow in the picture was made by a bigfoot standing behind the photographer's left shoulder. That would explain it.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Did it eat six hikers all in one sitting? Maybe the odd shadow in the picture was made by a bigfoot standing behind the photographer's left shoulder. That would explain it.
    Actually that shadow was a result of some unexplained paranormal activity.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

The six hikers were all loners. The wildlife officers said it was the first
    Black grizzly cross breed they had seen in the park.
    Master guide 212

The area where this photo was taken was actually in area 51, in Roswell New Mexico. The bear in question is not really a bear at all, but really an alien hominid. The government tried to cover it up by photoshopping the image of the man holding up an alien hand and replacing it for a bear hand. Obviously they messed up and they failed to realize the difference between a black bear and a brown bear. The shadow on the guy's chin is the shadow of the alien's fingers.

AGL,

my thoughts

Size: enlarge the photo on yer screen till notice knuckles, now put your own paws up by screen.. notice that hands are close together, roughly 7 " makes that bear about 6 1/2 foot square or so...

Shadow on chin: cameraman had flash on...

color: dirt, dust, callouses ..

Chris

Chris

I've shot a blackie in pws w whitish pads. Posted a pic here. Woulda been '07 or 'o8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is getting to be a long winter....

Where is the bear? All I get is a picture of a guy on a ridge using a spotting scope. I can't anything wrong with the picture. but it is pretty small.

Bull.... no government agency is going to kill a bear just for eating six bigfoot researchers.....

If only there was a way to tell the difference between a Grizzly and Black bear paw....

I'm trying to figure out why the dew claw pad is in the center of the paw. It should be on the side. Weird looking.

Did he have a name?
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon254 View Post
    Dusty brown bear paw. No way its a black bear....claws are to long. I agree with BRWNBR the paw was pushed towards the camera.
    I agree as Black Bear claws have more of a closed hook shape which helps with tree climbing. Most of the length of Black Bear claws are shiny black, the tips tend to be slightly lighter color, with sharp tips because they partly retract theirs claws when they walk. Generally Black Bear tracks do "NOT" show claw imprints, because the claws are retracted, unlike a Brown Bear which does not retract their claws, causing them to be more rounded at the tips, because the claw tips impact the ground with every step.

Black bears that live on tundra have longer claws that some others that live on harder ground. They do not retract. Some coastal brown bears have short stubby claws and bears on tundra might have very long claws. Thereís no hard fast rule with a bear claw. Also when looking st the underside of a claw itís hard to tell length. Iíve seen plenty of black bear tracks with claw marks on them. Trying to think of ones that I actually have not see claw marks and canít recall off the top Of my head.
    Iím gonna vote on the side of this is just a weird angle photo and thereís nothing to get crazy about here.
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
    Bull.... no government agency is going to kill a bear just for eating six bigfoot researchers.....

If only there was a way to tell the difference between a Grizzly and Black bear paw....

The tv show people found the bodies after this bear came into their camp to apparently feed on more people and made the decision to shoot it as a DLP.
    Government had nothing to do with it. They were informed after the fact and took the precautions by moving the bear and so on.

...thereís nothing to get crazy about here.
    ...oh, that ship already sailed, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    ...oh, that ship already sailed, sir.
    ......a very, VERY, long time ago...
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

The tv show people found the bodies after this bear came into their camp to apparently feed on more people and made the decision to shoot it as a DLP.
    Government had nothing to do with it. They were informed after the fact and took the precautions by moving the bear and so on.
    You were being serious?
    You might want to compare the length of your legs....

Just maybe the taxidermist mixed up six eaten by this one bear with six people killed in Yellowstone since 2010 by different bears....
    And made up the rest of his story....

There is a simple "line" test to determine whether a bear track is a grizzly or black. No need to be concerned with claw marks or length as these features do not always show in a track, and individual bears can have longer or shorter claws for a variety of reasons.

With a front paw, draw a line connecting the bottom of the outside toes. If the line does not cross the pad, it is a Grizzly, if the line crosses the pad, it is a black. Rather than explain it further, I'll just give a link. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ing.bearchoice

The bear paw in the OP photo is unquestionably from a Black bear.

PacWestFish, that is just an illusion. The paw is twisted at the ankle giving the appearance that the dew pad is entered to the main pad.

I was not being serious. I was feeding the conspiracy therorists.
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by akgun&ammo View Post
    Shadow on chin: cameraman had flash on...
    If the photographer used a fill flash strong enough to cast that distinct shadow, shouldn't it have made a shadow from at least one of the other claws as well, and significantly washed out the strong shadow cast by his ballcap?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast