Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a sled skidoo 600 or 800

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    Good advice on the heavy duty bumper and hitch, especially if talking about throwing a moose behind it. Also i would consider a longer tongue on the trailer, because of the angle, there arse end is up off the ground. I would add a shield to the tongue also {zip tie a kids plastic roll up sled} That paddle track is going to fill up your sled
    Definite yes on a longer tongue. My UHMW sled did not like the SkiDoo hitch one bit and destroyed it. I changed to an old school pintle hook and all is good now.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Plus 1 on the hitch kit and a heavy duty front bumper. The Skandic also has a 2" receiver hitch on the front.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

600 or 800? This is not a question if you have rode either of these. Ever said “dang wish I had less horsepower.”
    For a used sled I’d look hard at a low miles 2011 M8. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you how I treated mine for the 5000 miles I rode it in two wintersi had it. Or the loads I hauled behind it. Changed a belt once. Had different grease put in my spindles. Added gas and oil. Compressed throttle. So many great things about those sleds over the new ones. Like the huge gas cap!!!!! One piece hood!!! Strong!!!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    600 or 800? This is not a question if you have rode either of these. Ever said “dang wish I had less horsepower.”
    For a used sled I’d look hard at a low miles 2011 M8. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you how I treated mine for the 5000 miles I rode it in two wintersi had it. Or the loads I hauled behind it. Changed a belt once. Had different grease put in my spindles. Added gas and oil. Compressed throttle. So many great things about those sleds over the new ones. Like the huge gas cap!!!!! One piece hood!!! Strong!!!!

Funny you should say this. I have said this a few times.... on my 600. It happens in the spring time when you're showing your friends how big of cajones you have and you find yourself way up at the top of this narrow chute and when you touch the brake the track locks up and you speed up heading down the hill out of control toward that cliff that you know you will go head over heals if you hit it at more than a snails pace... Yea ive said "dang i wish had less horsepower"

Quote Originally Posted by sambuck12 View Post
    Funny you should say this. I have said this a few times.... on my 600. It happens in the spring time when you're showing your friends how big of cajones you have and you find yourself way up at the top of this narrow chute and when you touch the brake the track locks up and you speed up heading down the hill out of control toward that cliff that you know you will go head over heals if you hit it at more than a snails pace... Yea ive said "dang i wish had less horsepower"

Lol well that’s from poor decision making. Horsepower isn’t gonna change that.
    Maybe I should say how many more time have we wished for more horsepower compared to how many times we’ve wished for less?
    Master guide 212

I have wished for more HP way more times than I’ve wished for less!! That’s for sure!! I do own 2 600 cc sleds maybe to help with my “poor decisions”, and maybe so I can use the “it’s only a 600, if I were on an 800 I would try it” excuse. Gotta love spring riding!

Lol oh ya spring snow is unforgiving and very very tempting!! “Hmmm I bet I could get up there...”
    Master guide 212

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12