Thread: Canoe Hunting Videos, coffee and tea fund.

Default Canoe Hunting Videos, coffee and tea fund.

This is (I guess) advertising so if I have broke either a real or ethical rule I have no problems with this being taken down. It's also a community I have belonged to from the beginning so maybe that counts for something?

For the last few years I have been monetized on YouTube. This means I am averaging about 1.00 a day for the videos I put on the platform based on my channels 1000 hours of watch time/year. This isn't really all that financially important but it's been a little perk to keep me in coffee and tea or for gas money. I started in these forums posting pictures of things like the Scott Canoe and moose hunting and when YouTube came to being I would post a link to a video. It's been lots of fun to share and I have even made a few friends over the years. While all of this will continue it looks like I might lose my monetization feature due to a new rule upping the requirement of subscriber numbers.

I am **** close to the YouTube new minimum of 1000 subscribers. I need about 50 more or so by Feb 20th. If anyone is willing to follow the below link to my channel and subscribe I'd appreciate it. Not life or death and I am not the type of person that normally asks for help but here I am..way out of my comfort zone. It's not the dollar/day it's the principle of the **** thing! I hate feeling like I have been fired from a volunteer job!

I even posted my first click-bait rant video which I share here in all it's glory. Don't judge me too harshly and if you want to subscribe it would help a fellow lever gun toting, freighter canoe piloting and surface drive sporting hombre out. If I have crossed a line by posting please take this down and no hard feelings. I'll follow the rant with a canoe video so that the moderator can make a loose connection to this being a normal thread if he so wishes. Nothing ventured.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0aGQ6_1u8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vks-OUIeqps

I realize the other way to quickly hit my subscriber goal is to start posting funny cat videos but it wouldn't fit well with the rest of my content! The juxtaposition might kill the average PETA viewer.

Having experienced Alaska for nearly 50 years, I seldom am envious of others living elsewhere but Greg is a good guy living in a great place. The Yukon Territory has great canoe country and the canoe is to Canada as the horse was to our western states. Hopefully I'll bump into Greg this summer as I canoe through his backyard.

Thanks Vern, I'll be here much of the summer and you are welcome anytime.

Maybe post in the Hunting section of the forum, not just the Canoe section on this forum. Love watching your videos, subscribed already.

Hey more power to you, neighbor across the border. Any post on here about hunting from a canoe is better than whatever motor to put on a Saturn Kaboat...

I hate the soliciting. Probably why I am under the required 1000 subs, 25 to go! I figure I have been posting on this sub forum for long enough that it isn't totally naked advertising.

One more subscriber for you North61.
    Hopefully you can make it to the thousand mark, man can't go without his coffee in the morning..lol
    Keep them videos coming.
    Cheers
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by pipercub View Post
    Hey more power to you, neighbor across the border. Any post on here about hunting from a canoe is better than whatever motor to put on a Saturn Kaboat...
    I'm already a subscriber. I enjoy the videos and have a for awhile. And I finally figured out what to use on my kaboat. haha. At least until I try it out this spring.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

Thanks Marty...I have 19 subscribers to go to hit my goal. **** this is nerve racking.

How the heck does one subscribe ? I watch all you videos on here....love em !

Quote Originally Posted by nessmuck View Post
    How the heck does one subscribe ? I watch all you videos on here....love em !
    You need to get a Youtube account. Then you can just hit thesubscribe button.

North. Love the videos, I always liking seeing real, welldone, videos of people living life up north. One word of advice, try to usesome hunting buzz words on your hunt videos. I think thatís how you can get peopleto stumble onto your site, Iím no advertising expert but most of the guys Ifollow happened because of a random search.

Thanks for all the support. I seem to have passed the 1000 barrier. So I am safe for now. I have learned quite a bit and appreciate all the help that has come my way. Thank-you!

Glad you made the cut !

Hi North61;
    I just subscribed. Like your written posts and your videos are great. Glad to see you take your son hunting! Your videos are fun to watch when its cold & snowy out. Great stuff! I hit the subscribe button on the start page so... hope thats it :-) Will probably run through Whitehorse this summer 2 more times at least on my way to Skagway and the ferry south to POW Island. Love those freighter canoes. Have a great winter!
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Woodsman View Post
    Hi North61;
    I just subscribed. Like your written posts and your videos are great. Glad to see you take your son hunting! Your videos are fun to watch when its cold & snowy out. Great stuff! I hit the subscribe button on the start page so... hope thats it :-) Will probably run through Whitehorse this summer 2 more times at least on my way to Skagway and the ferry south to POW Island. Love those freighter canoes. Have a great winter!

When you are coming through PM me and if I am in town we could meet up...always happy to meet a Freighter Canoe guy. Thanks for the sub, Greg

I don't understand your 1st video but #2 hits toooo close to home. I shot my 1st moose in the Noatak River and was only successful in getting it some what on to the bank. The longest and coldest butcher job I have ever undertaken. I learned a lot from that experience to say the least.

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Outfitters
    907-259-4290
    Attached Images Attached Images

The come long is your best friend on a float hunt!