Thread: Eureka/Little Nelchina/Horse Pasture/Little O/North

Default Eureka/Little Nelchina/Horse Pasture/Little O/North

Hello All.

Can anyone tell me if this is punched through to the Big Su yet?

Also wondering total trail miles from Eureka to the Denali Highway via this route.

Thanks in advance.

Well from lake Louise it is about 60 miles so as a close guess I would think 70 from there. You could always use google earth to see what it says.

The trail up through horse pasture, down lil o and to the big o will in. Several trappers run that regualarly. But I don't know of anyone ventures across the Su and on to the Denali. That would take a ton of fuel. We have to back fuel just to round trip it to the Big O and back.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
    The trail up through horse pasture, down lil o and to the big o will in. Several trappers run that regualarly. But I don't know of anyone ventures across the Su and on to the Denali. That would take a ton of fuel. We have to back fuel just to round trip it to the Big O and back.

Yes, I know it will be a long haul.

How much extra fuel are you talking? Say to make it to Claudes one way.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Imo too much to make me think about trying it. That, and the fact that once you leave the big O you will be cross country breaking trail all the way. When he go back for just a day trip to my buddies canin, we generally pack 15 gal each of fuel. That's back off of the lil o.

I have never taken this trip, but have talked to several that have. They all said that it was quite a trip and they enjoyed the trip. Challenging yes, but worth it. As I understand, they said that the trip was about 75 miles one way. They all have extra gear and a method to contact people in case of problems. As for fuel, that would depend on several different things. What is the snow conditions, has the trail been broken, what size of fuel tank one has and what they get for mileage. I would like to hear from others that have taken this trip and see some pictures. I am past being able to make this trip anymore.