Thread: Settlers Bay Strip (41AK)?

Default Settlers Bay Strip (41AK)?

Anybody now about this strip these days? It's pretty well "landlocked" by private property, there's a hangar for sale across the road from it and for the life of me I can't figure out how you would even taxi a plane to the runway. I don't see much airplane movement on it and was wondering if maybe somebody could share what's up over there.

The road is the taxiway and it goes to the east end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That sounds good, last winter the snow was piled up at the east end and with the homesite down there it didn't look like a very decent taxiway. That picture is really old and doesn't show any of the construction around the field.

I was wondering if the strip is maintained at all too. I know I can call the airport manager but was just wondering if any users were hanging out here.

I have a hangar home listing on the strip and the sellee says it is well maintained. He flies a PA12 and of course that's all subjective.

I'm going to talk to the airport manager to try and get the CCR's for the strip. Wondering if someone could do any 135 type stuff or guiding out of there, or if it is just personal recreation type flying.

Quote Originally Posted by akaviator View Post
    I'm going to talk to the airport manager to try and get the CCR's for the strip. Wondering if someone could do any 135 type stuff or guiding out of there, or if it is just personal recreation type flying.
    I think I have them in the documents for my listing. I'll check tomorrow.

That’d be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk