Thread: Helmet to helmet communication suggestions.

Default Helmet to helmet communication suggestions.

I would like to set up the family's helmets so we can talk while riding. Does anyone have any suggestions on brands/model?

You have a great idea, I have always worried about my kids getting off trail or worse, there is a saying about rubber necking it does hurt after awhile😳 I would think any motorcycle dealer or parts house would have something as it is very common for riders to use such a divice.

We sell sena head sets for airboats and jet boaters. They are made to install into helmets and might be must what you are looking for. We adapt them into an earmuff for our use, yours would be installed into the helmet, easy stuff.
    They also have Bluetooth to listen to music or answer the phone if you choose. Up to 4 people can be linked together to talk or a higher end version will talk to 8 total.
    Just a thought for ya.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Quote Originally Posted by num1ape View Post
    I would like to set up the family's helmets so we can talk while riding. Does anyone have any suggestions on brands/model?
    Hate to say it but google is your friend on this one. A quick search on snowmobile helmet communication systems came up with everything from $150-$520 units. Good luck.
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    Hate to say it but google is your friend on this one. A quick search on snowmobile helmet communication systems came up with everything from $150-$520 units. Good luck.
    That is some pricey talking.

If you already have FRS/GMRS radios, you can purchase a headset kit that plugs into the mic jack on the radio. I previously had a set that worked OK, but I didn't like having wires everywhere. This year I am trying out a new Bluetooth system that is completely wireless and has a Push To Talk button I attached to the handlebar. The Bluetooth headset can also be connected to your phone to listen to music (although you can't do the radio and music at the same time).

I have only used the system once but it seemed to work well and I loved not having wires hanging out of my helmet. I also like the greater range of the radios compared to the "intercom" systems.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningLeverAction View Post
    If you already have FRS/GMRS radios, you can purchase a headset kit that plugs into the mic jack on the radio. I previously had a set that worked OK, but I didn't like having wires everywhere. This year I am trying out a new Bluetooth system that is completely wireless and has a Push To Talk button I attached to the handlebar. The Bluetooth headset can also be connected to your phone to listen to music (although you can't do the radio and music at the same time).

I have only used the system once but it seemed to work well and I loved not having wires hanging out of my helmet. I also like the greater range of the radios compared to the "intercom" systems.
    What system are you using now. I have see a few on Youtube, but always skeptical, which is the reason I reached out here.

I have Motorola radios, and a Rino 650 with the same jack style as the Motorolas. The Bluetooth setup is a Contalk Electronics dongle I found on Amazon. The dongle plugs into the radio speaker/mic jack. It comes with a small headset but I bought a separate Bluetooth Baile headset with a boom mic. I haven't had the setup long enough to vouch for its weatherproofness, but it works well and was not that expensive. I like the push-to-talk button since VOX seems to get triggered too easily by engine noise or my huffing and puffing.

If you go that route, make sure you know what style jack your radio has. There are a few different styles.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningLeverAction View Post
    I have Motorola radios, and a Rino 650 with the same jack style as the Motorolas. The Bluetooth setup is a Contalk Electronics dongle I found on Amazon. The dongle plugs into the radio speaker/mic jack. It comes with a small headset but I bought a separate Bluetooth Baile headset with a boom mic. I haven't had the setup long enough to vouch for its weatherproofness, but it works well and was not that expensive. I like the push-to-talk button since VOX seems to get triggered too easily by engine noise or my huffing and puffing.

If you go that route, make sure you know what style jack your radio has. There are a few different styles.
    Thanks, I will check into that type of setup.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    We sell sena head sets for airboats and jet boaters. They are made to install into helmets and might be must what you are looking for. We adapt them into an earmuff for our use, yours would be installed into the helmet, easy stuff.
    They also have Bluetooth to listen to music or answer the phone if you choose. Up to 4 people can be linked together to talk or a higher end version will talk to 8 total.
    Just a thought for ya.
    Bk
    I don't mean to hijack thread at all, but I would love to have headsets for myself and wife. Is there a particular model you recommend or carry?

Sena smh-10 is what we use on our boat muffs. Wireless too.
    Love 'em!
    Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com