Thread: Transporter from mouth of Tyone River back to road system

Default Transporter from mouth of Tyone River back to road system

I'm looking at doing a float from the Maclaren River Bridge off the Denali Hwy to the Big Sue then down to the Tyone. From reading it sounds like a pretty easy float? Aprox 50 miles? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking for a transporter that can run two people and our gear including raft packed up back to the road system. Either through Lake Louise or back up the Maclaren. If we actually get an animal would prob need more than one trip. Time of year would be Sept. Thanks for the info.

Thanks in advanced for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherman View Post
    I'm looking at doing a float from the Maclaren River Bridge off the Denali Hwy to the Big Sue then down to the Tyone. From reading it sounds like a pretty easy float? Aprox 50 miles? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking for a transporter that can run two people and our gear including raft packed up back to the road system. Either through Lake Louise or back up the Maclaren. If we actually get an animal would prob need more than one trip. Time of year would be Sept. Thanks for the info.

Thanks in advanced for the information
    I would ask Jerry Lee and Mike Meekin first. If neither of these guys can't help you, I'm sure they would know who to ask. You might want to ask John Delaquito at Lake Louise Lodge as well. He'd be a good guy to ask.

http://www.leesairtaxi.com
    http://meekinsairservice.com
    http://lakelouiselodge.com

Default Transporter from mouth of Tyone River back to road system

This is who Id call First. Joe Tate at bearly wounded.
    It will take an airboat for you pick up at mouth of Tyrone. He is your best bet for a transporter in the area.
    http://bearlywounded.com/#ideation-creativity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Absolutely call Joe Tate. The price is right and he was great to work with. I will surely be using his services again in the future when I draw the caribou tag again. Last year he did a 10% discount right around the time draws came out.

I floated the Susitna to the mouth of the MacLaren in 2017 and he picked us up. Hauled the raft, gear, me, my wife, and a caribou out in one trip and we could have easily fit another caribou on the boat. I think his limit is 4 people plus 600 pounds but definitely check with him. He runs the Susitna and will likely take you back to the Susitna bridge. However, he may run you up the MacLaren if the price is right. Its a long ways away, but if you remember in the fall, I would be interested in hearing about your trip if you do it. I kicked around floating the MacLaren but I think I read somewhere there is a rock garden mid river that rates at class II-III depending on the water level. Plus it would have required another vehicle which I didn't want to deal with. I talked to Joe about it last year on our trip back and he shared the same idea that he would like to try and run the MacLaren so he may have some info on it. Prepare to be extremely annoyed with the air boat traffic starting about 5 miles from the mouth of the MacLaren to the Tyone. They just run like mad men with shooters on the bow. Its annoying, surely not my style, and really makes you question the ethics of the whole situation; however its their river too so if they're within the law go for it i guess.

Private message sent.