Thread: How do you change "AUTO-RENEWAL" to manual....forum sponsor..???

Default How do you change "AUTO-RENEWAL" to manual....forum sponsor..???

How do you change "AUTO-RENEWAL" to manual....forum sponsor..???

I want to continue as a forum supporter.....but want to be cautious about "Paypal" and auto renewals.

How do I shift to manual renewal....???

Still hoping for some guidance on this.....

You should PM Mike or Brian.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    You should PM Mike or Brian.
    That would be a GREAT idea........However over the last two weeks I have done that. I never got and response from Mike, and Brian responded that he did not know. Which is why I am asking the general forum membership. This issue was triggered by other peoples "PayPal" experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    That would be a GREAT idea........However over the last two weeks I have done that. I never got and response from Mike, and Brian responded that he did not know. Which is why I am asking the general forum membership. This issue was triggered by other peoples "PayPal" experiences.
    I attempted to make a change for you, but ran into what appears to me to be a glitch in the software - or possibly a glitch in my understanding of it. Iíll do my best to find a solution for you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    This issue was triggered by other peoples "PayPal" experiences.
    Papal is on my s-list too. In the past I've paid Mike directly by credit card. I bet he'd take a check too.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Thanks.......Brian. It maybe that "PayPal" has control after a person grants then permission to Auto Renew. It may not be a Forum issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I attempted to make a change for you, but ran into what appears to me to be a glitch in the software - or possibly a glitch in my understanding of it. Iíll do my best to find a solution for you, sir.

That would definitely fit their m.o. I had to have my bank forcibly reverse a bogus transaction that they wouldn't turn loose of, then put them on the enemy list and formally block them from reaching into my account again.

Yes......I just sold some gun barrels, the guy paid me using PayPal, I shipped them "Priority Mail". The USPS lost them in Cooper Landing for several weeks. It ended OK, he finally got the barrels. But....I drained my PayPal account, and cut off their access to several credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Papal is on my s-list too. In the past I've paid Mike directly by credit card. I bet he'd take a check too.

Sorry for not responding to these inquiries in a more timely manner; lots of stuff going on.

I did want to clarify a bit on the PayPal thing. We made the switch to PayPal in order to process payments more efficiently, while meeting new PCI compliance standards. For those who don't know, in order to receive credit or debit card payments, a website has to be compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. For many years, this site met those standards. But in recent years, in response to increased occurrences of identity theft worldwide, and the resulting payouts by the credit card industry, PCI standards were ratcheted up so high that it made it very difficult for companies like ours to comply. So rather than increasing our costs by hiring additional staff to meet new PCI standards, we opted to push the compliance issue over to a company that already does this, and is well-known and respected for their handling of Internet transactions. We lose a little money on each sale, but it beats the increased cost of hiring additional staff. At least, for now.

The important thing for you to know is that our site does not retain your credit card information or anything else that could be used for identity theft. We are very concerned for your security and have taken this step in order to protect it.

So far, PayPal has worked well for us. It appears that some of you have had issues with them, and this is something we are definitely concerned about. This is why we allow payment by check or via credit / debit card over the phone as an alternative. We've posted that information everywhere, but I am still finding posts with the old info. In case you don't find it anywhere else, here is our contact information for taking payments outside of PayPal:

Payments by mail: Lost Creek Company, 16578 Permanenti Rd., Sutton, AK 99674
    Payments by phone: 1 (907) 229-4501

WHY AUTO-RENEW?

Finally, a clarification on the auto-renew program for Supporting Members. We greatly appreciate your support of this site. As you can imagine, there are a lot of costs associated with keeping this site up and running. When a member opts for a Supporting Membership, our system is set by default to auto-renew your membership. This ensures no interruption in membership benefits, and helps to keep our costs down. We simply don't have enough staff to call every member for renewal every year. That said, the system also gives you the opportunity to opt out of auto-renew both at the time you sign up, and afterwards. This opt-out has to happen on your end; we have no control of it, because it's part of your relationship with PayPal. It's easy to change, all you do is log in to your PayPal account and make the change there. PayPal provides detailed instructions on how to do that AT THIS LINK.

We vastly prefer auto-renew, as it greatly reduces the amount of time and expense it takes us to maintain our memberships. This gives us the time we need to continue providing great content and improving the site.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay