Thread: Float plane slip(s) possibly available.

Default Float plane slip(s) possibly available.

I just need to know how realistic my idea of building a few slips on our lot for rent is. Its on one of the larger lakes in Anchorage so you can fly a fully loaded beaver off it.. Im not gonna spend a bunch of time and money building it if its a pipe dream. I would of course charge less than lake hood as there is no where to go to relieve yourself if i'm not home. The extra income would help out as were going broke with property taxes.

Is the lake already designated for seaplane use? As I understand it, the FAA would be involved in the airspace designation, and the landowner (probably State DNR) would be involved in the designation of the waterway. If the lake isn't currently used for float planes it might be a challenge to change that. (see http://avstop.com/Seaplane/50/ch1.html)

Are you zoned for commercial use??
    DENNY

None of my business, but have you thought about the ramifications from your neighbors if you start increasing traffic on "Their" lake? Some people get pretty worked up over stuff like this.

But yes I would think there is plenty of demand to justify it.

Tom

It would just be a rental with a decent guy on your back. I looked up docks in muni cod and there is nothing regarding docks outside of the port Anchorage. We are getting the lot lines dissoved so it wont be a problem legally. I dont like to know where I live but there are only two large lakes in Anchorage ... its sand lake.

It sand lake, so yes its all good.

Dock, fuel, and keys to the house unless you want people pissing on the back wall. Some things to think about.
    DENNY

Quote Originally Posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    Is the lake already designated for seaplane use? As I understand it, the FAA would be involved in the airspace designation, and the landowner (probably State DNR) would be involved in the designation of the waterway. If the lake isn't currently used for float planes it might be a challenge to change that. (see http://avstop.com/Seaplane/50/ch1.html)
    Any water surface approved for powerboat operation MUST allow seaplane operation, by federal statute.

Your cure for the outhouse issue is to simply contract a porta-potty and have it placed near the dock.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Keys to the house no, keys to the garage with all my tools maybe if there trustwothy. you can piss on my enclosed compost heap ... #2 emergency if im not here.... the closest restroom is carrs or taste freeze.

Winter is the time to build! Drive on lake w machines. Grayling construction has done one on sand lake, pretty big one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have paid anywhere from nothing to $600 for the summer for seaplane dock space that was NOT in Los Anchorage. I am sure there are lots of seaplane pilots who would love to have a quite place for their plane and be willing to pay for it. Put some lattice work around three sides of a port-a-john and make folks sign a contract for liability. I have the place I rent from listed as an additional insured on my aircraft policy.
    Plus have a stipulation about how they are responsible for any mess or pollution they make. I would not worry about selling or having fuel around until a couple years down the road. Let your renters jerry-jug their own or fuel up elsewhere until you see how things pan out.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Thanks all! ill get to work... not sure about winter work though.

I'd probably be interested.