Thread: Into Alaska With Jeff Corwin

Default Into Alaska With Jeff Corwin

The Tuesday night show highlighting Alaska is off to a great start. 1st show was about Denali, 2nd was about the Kenai area which finished with Homer halibut fishing. Very informative and beautiful. Hope all enjoyed as much as I did.

I enjoyed it. I found it amusing that they skipped the circus at the Kenai River and he only caught chicken butts.
    Last edited by AKBassking; 07-18-2007 at 13:55. Reason: spelling again

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

I liked the show and the shots but he just kind of gets on my nerves sometimes. Great footage though
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Talking

For me, the most memorable clip from the show was of him trying to catch "spawner" reds and pinks -- and not being able to land any for the camera!

I normally don't care much for these type shows, as they usually only show the biggst and best. Last night, he was just like all of us, catching normal size halibut, and not ones of hundreds of pounds, and not landing salmon. I really enjoyed it.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

To bad the crockadile guy Steve Erwin is not still around He would of been a more entertaining host.

Very good show last night.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default chickens

I knew it was going to be a bust when he was going out from Homer. Why ride an extra 3-4 hours to get to fishing grounds right off Anchor Point when you can just go out from there. I've taken some mighty nice ones from there and never took home a chicken.

I really enjoyed the show. I used to watch Corwin on Animal Planet--I am sure they would not let him catch fish on that channel. Looking forward to more shows.
    shawn
    www.fishtacochronicles.com

Default Anchor Point

For those of us not familiar with the area where's Anchor point?

Quote Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post
    For those of us not familiar with the area where's Anchor point?

18 miles north of Homer.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

I was enjoying the show until I noticed some footage splicing. The part with the caribou, first he's a 100-200 yards away watching one trotting, then he's within a couple feet of 3 bulls feeding and wispering into the camera. If you look close at the land scape, he is in two differant areas. Caribou trotting, denali park no doubt, but the 3 bulls next to him, uhhh, not denali park, BIG GAME ALASKA. And some of his info/history of alaska I did not agree with. But to each his own, I will watch a few more to try to pick out some other spoof's.

We watched the first show and being a photographer I recognized some of the areas they spliced in as they were talking about other area's. Sort of misleading but none the less, wife and I found it amusing and entertaining.
    Tennessee

Snowwolfe hit it on the head - it's entertainment . . it doesn't have to reflect reality . . .

I watched one show, probably won't watch anymore as it seem to pander to the romantic image of Alaska, without regard to the fact that people actually live here.

I guess it's nothing more than a lure to get more tourists to come to Alaska . . . which is probably not a bad thing - if you're in the tourism business. Can you say "Fish On!"?

"Alaska - it's cold, dark and expensive. So come on up, leave your money and go home . . . "

SH

Default reality bites

Good point, Sierra Hotel. Maybe next time they should show footage of someone flipping Corwin the bird on the Seward Highway while cutting in front of him at 75 m.p.h. without using a turn signal

Quote Originally Posted by cheechako_jim View Post
    Good point, Sierra Hotel. Maybe next time they should show footage of someone flipping Corwin the bird on the Seward Highway while cutting in front of him at 75 m.p.h. without using a turn signal
    ROFL! I think that guy got in the accident Saturday night that backed traffic up for miles . . .or was it maybe . . . . a certain cheechako?

SH

What network/channel? That little tidbit might help others.