Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suzuki 140's repower

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Those prices and 25% off?? That's down to around 7 grand a motor. Also a 5 yr warranty for commercial use? I think there's a Merc dealer up in Soldotna, I'm gonna go have a chat.
    I got a pretty attractive quote for 140 Suzukis that were not too far off the mark and they're the same weight as my current F115's. I'll look into the weight of a 150 Merc but really my Hewes isn't a heavy boat and 115's are fine and handle 8 people and more gear than you can imagine. Would be nice to have balls to the wall speed but on days nice enough to have that ability 35kts is plenty.
    All that to say it is almost Christmas and I could use a tax break!
    Jim, Mercury's warranty is the same whether commercial or recreational and doesn't change anything when using the guide discount. Also the discount applies to the base price not to the sell price, engines are heavily discount already.
    North River and Phantom Boat Dealer
    Mecury, FNM Diesel Engine, Hagglund sales and service
    Prop, Impeller & Alumimum boat repair, customization, & metal fabrication.
    Visit www.akfrontierfab.com

Bass Pros prices looked competitive until they told me the price did not include prop or controls. They also wanted to charge me 40 hrs labor for twin install at $100 an hour. Not sure if that has changed or not.

Was lookin on the Merc website and could only find 3 yr warranties; 5 would be better
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

I would stay away from the Merc dealer in Soldotna. Theres a reason locals drive to Homer or Anc.

Was lookin on the Merc website and could only find 3 yr warranties; 5 would be better
    Mercs three yr coverage will cover any defects on everything no mater how many hrs you use it commercially or recreational. There are two types of extended warranties. gold and platinum. Gold covers basically the block rotating parts. Platinum is identical to 3 yr factory coverage. We can sometimes offer additional two year Gold coverage at no charge with lower cost for Platinum upgrade. Coverage can be added anytime before the factory warranty is up.

Mel

So there's 3 variations of the 115; one seems a regular, a pro model and a high performance version. I do see there's the gear case option on 2 of those but any big differences to make ya just not go with the "regular" motor?
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

So there's 3 variations of the 115; one seems a regular, a pro model and a high performance version. I do see there's the gear case option on 2 of those but any big differences to make ya just not go with the "regular" motor?
    Best option would be the Sea Pro or Command Thrust version for your application. The pro is calibrated for commercial use in mind.

Mel what's a number I can reach you at?
    Saw your website address, I'll give you a shout

Mel what's a number I can reach you at?
    Saw your website address, I'll give you a shout
    Jim, Office number is 357-9323.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12