Thread: 'Unit' maps online

stewarts brook,scone, new south wales, australia

Default 'Unit' maps online

can anyone help me with maps of the hunting 'units'' online, are they available to view via the web, I am very interested in the areas and try to obtain some idea of the Alaska you have by some of the place names and google earth with compass bearings, any web sites would be greatly appreciated.

Horseman;

Good to see another aussie, horseman. this will give you an idea www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=regulations.hunting

somebody from AK may have better sites but I found this one handy

oz
    il vaut mieux Ítre bon que la chance

Default AK hunting maps

In addition to the USGS you might want to check out:
    www.mytopo.com - I have utilized their service in the past and have been very satisfied. Good luck.

Default GIS shapefile of GMU boundaries

If you have access to a geographic information system (GIS) or know someone who does, you can find the actual GMU unit boundaries in a shapefile at ftp://ftp.dnr.state.ak.us/asgdc/adfg/gmus.zip. This information is public data and free.

This will allow you to create custom maps, using DRG layers for the topographic features and superimposing the GMU boundaries and other information (e.g., your own GPS waypoints and tracks) onto the maps.

Free online topo maps.

http://www.topozone.com/
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again