Thread: Anti-Slip decks

Thumbs up Anti-Slip decks

Anyone have any ideas on making the fishing deck less slippery? I just bought a new boat and the plastic coated wood deck is just too slippery in my opinion especially when you have any amount of fish blood. I was thinking of diamond plate but is spendy and also slippery. I am also thinking of rhino lining spray, aluminum treads that you screw on or even maybe the cutting board material in 1/4 inch thickness. Just looking for opinions. I tried the best High Grit tape they sell in Lowes (very strong glue and aggressive grit) but it just fell off once the sea water got under it since the deck is not smooth like fiberglass. Any input would be helpful.

Have taken the Wooldridge SS Pilothouse 23 out (Lani Kai) 6 times so far and loving it. Amazing economy from the gas used in my truck during towing to on-the water economy. Yami Twin 115, 46 WOT in flat calm, 32mph at 4200rpm (high cruise) and loving it. Now only if the deck can be made less slippery...

rhino line it. You can buy the stuff and do it yourself. No hard and will save some money
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I recently bought some herculiner (Roll-on bedliner) and did my floor in my river boat. It turned out great!

Just make sure if you tape off any areas that you don't want this stuff on.....Once it's there, it's THERE!

Thumbs up Great Idea!

I glued some outdoor carpet to my Wooldridge floor a few years back. It is starting to come loose. I think the spay/roll-on liner idea is a great one. I will be doing this come spring! Already making the list for parts and stuff to do for next season!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

I used Rustoleum Marine topsides with their antislip additive on my deck, and it is a fine no-slip surface. Likely the cheapest route, a quart at Lowes and the anti-slip is about $15, and enough to cover a deck and then a little. Just roll it on with a 6" short nap weenie roller. It does take a few days to dry, and about a week for full strength. I'd go battleship grey, as the white shows dirt way to easily.

Default Where to buy?

Where would I buy rhino lining trype materials? Schucks?

Default grip tape

Have you seen that in Cabelas? Can buy it in a roll and just put it where you really need it, I would think it'd be better than the hardware store stuff since it is designed for marine applications, just another idea. luck