Thread: Expedition sport rack box

Default Expedition sport rack box

So I have a 15 expedition 600 ace. I've removed the 2 up seat and want to buy a weatherproof box that takes advantage of the huge amount of room over the tunnel. I've used an action packer in the past but it is about worn out. Does anyone know of a good sturdy plastic box preferably with a hinged lid that fits perfectly back there? I want to use up as much of the room back there as possible.

What size will fit ???

You've seen the DIY solutions that folks have come up with at Dootalk?

I'm a couple hundred miles from my machine so I can't get dimensions right now. I've seen a modded action packer on one of the forum threads - hack the ends off two packers and lids, slide one inside the other and pop-rivet them together.

Rather than using the whole space for a box, what about keeping the box short enough so you have room at the and of the cargo area for a fuel can?

Edit: I know you're looking for a box for when the 2up seat is off, but this looks like a nice option if you want more modular storage.
    http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/...rt/?p=20261050

The 24 gallon one fits loosely. It is a little bit short- lengthwise.

You won't need room for gas - you have the ACE. Haha. I removed the rack and seat and installed two LinQ boxes from Skidoo. I added the semi-rigid one and then put the large plastic one behind it. You can see my setup at Dootalk.

I've looked at the linq stuff but i am wanting something bigger. I want to keep emergency gear in that wont get wet. Sleeping bag, extra clothes, gloves, fire-starter... you know the stuff you want on an expedition into the Alaska backwoods. I can build one out of wood but it will be heavy and not super weatherproof. That's what I'm after. Like i said to begin with the action packer almost fits the bill but it is just not quite enough space and it doesn't quite fit back there "perfectly".

Sounds like you should have an aluminum box fabbed up with a nice tight waterproof hinged top....
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Give Skip Olsen a call 322-3291, he might fab you an aluminum box.
    He builds airboats in FBX.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

While I don't have an Expy, I did get my idea off of DOOTalk for my skandic. Designed as an underbody mounted truck box, it fits perfectly on my tunnel. Water tight and doesn't weigh that much in the grand scheme of things. Found it on amazon prime for a lot cheaper than skidoo's overpriced Linq Tupperware.
    IMG_0762.jpg

Another shot of the box....IMG_0764.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cpot View Post
    Another shot of the box....IMG_0764.jpg

Thats a lot like what I'm looking for. Just gotta find one the right size.