Thread: New aircraft user fee state of Alaska

Default New aircraft user fee state of Alaska

The governor wants to charge us an aircraft registration “fee” of $150 per year for a private plane and $250 per year for a commercial plane. Of course all government aircraft and aircraft not in the state more than 180 days will not he subject to this user “fee” (think Alaska Airlines and Delta for instance).

This is nothing more then a money grab by the governor for the general fund which is where the money will go. He is calling it a user “fee” so he can circumvent the legislative process that is required for taxes. Contact your representatives today and demand that they not allow this, including our RINO Governor. We only have till January to accomplish this. Tell all your friends.

https://aws.state.ak.us/OnlinePublic...aspx?id=187638

http://dot.alaska.gov/stwdav/aircraf...ation-regs.pdf

http://mustreadalaska.com/airplane-t...lation-walker/

From one of my representatives:

Date: November 6, 2017 at 12:17:50 PM AKST
    To: *************
    Subject: FW: Aircraft Registration, proposed new regulations by DOT&PF

*******:

I just received this information and thought it may be useful to you. I certainly oppose backdoor attempts to raise fees via regulation and will do whatever I can to oppose regulations such as the ones proposed by the department. Regulations increasing fees should be attempted through the legislative process at a minimum.

I appreciate your contacting me expressing your concerns about increased fees.

Mike
    Representative Mike Chenault
    State Capitol, Room 434
    Juneau, AK 99801
    (907)465-3779

From: Sewell, Richard E (DOT) [mailto:rich.sewell@alaska.gov]
    Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 9:09 AM
    To: Transportation <traregs@akleg.gov>; GOV All Legislators <GOV.AllLegislators@alaska.gov>; Community and Regional Affairs <craregs@akleg.gov>; Finance <finregs@akleg.gov>; Labor and Commerce <lacregs@akleg.gov>; State Affairs <staregs@akleg.gov>
    Cc: Binder, John R (DOT) <john.binder@alaska.gov>; Larue, Troy E (DOT) <troy.larue@alaska.gov>; Holmes, Lindsey S (LAW) <lindsey.holmes@alaska.gov>
    Subject: Aircraft Registration, proposed new regulations by DOT&PF

Good morning,

The Department of Transportation and Public Facilities is proposing new regulations to implement Aircraft Registration and related fees. Attached are the required documents to be given to you per the State of Alaska's Drafting Manual for Administrative Regulations including copies of the:

1. proposed regulations for implementation of "Aircraft Registration" and related fees
    2. "Additional Regulations Notice Information"
    3. "Public Notice" published in the Alaska Online Public Notice system, and
    4. "Public Notice" published in the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, and Alaska Dispatch News on November 5, 2017.

We will have an extended comment period of 60 days instead of the required minimum of 30 days, and take written comments until January 5, 2018. We will also have public hearings to take oral testimony and written comments in Juneau on November 9th, Fairbanks on November 14th, and Anchorage on November 20th.

The Department of Law's regulation file number is JU2017200609.

I am DOT&PF's contact person for these proposed regulations. Please contact me directly if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Rich

* 907-269-0730 | 7 907-269-0489
    Phil Whittemore
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space.

https://share.delorme.com/PhilWhittemore

He must need to hire another one of his buddies for a special adviser position.... ( again)
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Just like any other American federal or state government.
    They do not know how to handle money.
    Their fix is to just take more from the people.

Yep, that's the straw that broke the proverbial back for me! No airplane for me. They'll not get that fee from me to waste on their needless spending. Hah! Take that State!
    Anyone else with me on this?
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    Yep, that's the straw that broke the proverbial back for me! No airplane for me. They'll not get that fee from me to waste on their needless spending. Hah! Take that State!
    Anyone else with me on this?
    Hahahaha. Yep!

Nice to see Chenault is going to champion this for his constituency. Maybe he and his rail belt cronies can take a breather from trying to crush the ferry system.

Welcome to Alaska politics Barnstormer. Did you move from Texas full time?

Quote Originally Posted by gbflyer View Post
    ...Welcome to Alaska politics Barnstormer. Did you move from Texas full time?
    You know I don't recall actually making a decision to move up here full time, I guess it just sort of happened. I mean I've ordered skis from Carbon Concepts for the SQ2, bought a couple of SAD lights for the house, been buying boots of different temperature ranges, bought some snow shoes, walled in the new pole barn for the plane (hangar door is next), my hangar in Texas is up for sale, just sold the 185 that I kept down there, no longer have any vehicles down there. Hmmm, I guess I did move up here full time, just don't recall actually thinking it through. ;-)
    Phil Whittemore

Quote Originally Posted by Barnstormer View Post
    You know I don't recall actually making a decision to move up here full time, I guess it just sort of happened. I mean I've ordered skis from Carbon Concepts for the SQ2, bought a couple of SAD lights for the house, been buying boots of different temperature ranges, bought some snow shoes, walled in the new pole barn for the plane (hangar door is next), my hangar in Texas is up for sale, just sold the 185 that I kept down there, no longer have any vehicles down there. Hmmm, I guess I did move up here full time, just don't recall actually thinking it through. ;-)
    Good for you! We just got back from a month in "civilization" ourselves. Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Good to be back home in AK.

The Department of Transportation & Public Facilities has decided to have a fourth public hearing on December 9th. Here is a link to the "Supplemental Public Notice"

https://aws.state.ak.us/OnlinePublic...aspx?id=187903
    Phil Whittemore